Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2020, 10:31 AM   #1

Howdy folks

I was a full time RVer in a late 90s born free motorhome chassis with a international 444 which was used for selling golf clubs by the previous owner. I slowly converted it into a comfortable living space for my dog and myself. But as mother needed more of my help I moved in with her to help her out at home.

Present day I have sold this unit and am presently looking to get into the traveling way of living again. I live in Florida and am searching the forums and reading as much as I can on the subject. I'll also apply a lot of the skills I've learned from mistakes made on earlier projects. We all know how that goes.

So far I have my eyes on the classic early 2000's international 3800's with a DT466 preferably. I've found a 65 passenger but I'm aiming for something shorter so I can fit in more RV spots. Ill start with pulling the seats and taping out where I'd like things to be and dragging in a mattress for the first few weeks. The first install will probably be a power center/converter/stage charger combo, house batteries and a connection to 30/50 shore power. I'm disabled so I have a lot of time to find the right one but times are tough and the market down here is slim pickings right now especially with heightened demand.

Glad to be a part of the forum. Thanks to all of you out there traveling and living the lifestyle.

K9minds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 02:54 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Thomas 4 window w/lift
Chassis: G30~Chevy cutaway
Engine: 5.7/350 Chevy Vortec
Rated Cap: Just me and my "stuff"?
Welcome to the site K9.
Sounds like you have a basic idea of what you want.
Unless something drastic comes along and changes your plan, stick to it and you'll likely be happier in the end when you finally find the right one.

Good luck, and post pics if you go ahead and jump into the "hobby"...
peteg59 is offline   Reply With Quote