Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2016, 12:56 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

I bought a bus!

Hello everyone. I am so excited and overwhelmed. I found the perfect bus on eBay and bought her. I have not named her yet but she is an 98 International handicap accessible bus. 119,000 miles and only 12 seats because the rest were wheelchair spots. The best part was the star head screws used instead of rivets. I didn't expect to be able to avoid drilling out rivets.
I have taken care of a friend for 22 years who has CP and she will be going with us on the road so the lift was a must have. Oh i also have storage underneath.
I am praying with hard work, help from the fine folks here, and a little luck my bus will turn out as well as some of beauties I've seen here.
Thanks for reading.

mschleppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 04:29 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
congrats on your new purchase!!!! im with you..I feel your excitement! I actually pick up my bus today!!! what plans do you have for it?
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 09:52 AM   #3
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
Congratulations. Are you to the feeling where you'd back out of owning the bus yet? It seems we all want to do a little back peddling at some point, but it generally comes out ok.
I also have a special needs bus and it presents some unique challenges during a build. Photos are always appreciated here.
Robin97396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 01:42 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Congratulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
congrats on your new purchase!!!! im with you..I feel your excitement! I actually pick up my bus today!!! what plans do you have for it?
-Christopher
Congratulations on getting your bus. Fingers crossed for safe travels.
Old 05-17-2016, 01:45 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Oh I forgot to say plans. Long term goal is to head west next summer with my 2 boys, mother, my friend/client (I am a home health aid), and the family dog. Many many things will have to go right before were road ready.
Old 05-17-2016, 01:58 PM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

At least a dozen times. Buyers remorse is real. But thank God so is my dream and as soon as I regret it I start looking at pictures of people's completed buses and their vacations and I get over it. It is a relief to hear that this is normal and not just something I'm doing to myself.