Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2019, 11:14 PM   #21
Bus Crazy

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH 3800, 8 window
Engine: T444E w/ Spicer 5-speed MT
Rated Cap: I prefer broad-brims hats
My bad. Forgot this app ain't as forthcoming as the PC version, re spex.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusT View Post
Yeah man so I had to find a thread of yours dasss boss to get your specs
Hahah
you got the 7.3 with hydraulic brakes . Pretty cool. I hope that I could get a skip if I do weigh it and it’s below like 15,000 or even 20,000. From the 26,000 rule .
The only thing I’m wondering is if they’ll see I got airbreaks and require the airbreak license .
Yeah I’ve been thinking of getting a pardon if I could.
Regardless, while the only air brakes in my possession are consciously and conscientiously curtailing flatus whilst in polite company, my rig scaled considerably below it's 'blue book's' value.

Can't attest if that'll help a'tall with your air brake issue, tho...

Old 04-27-2019, 07:31 AM   #22
Bus Nut

Year: 2003
Engine: Dt466e
Rated Cap: 30,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by haz.matt.1960 View Post
My bad. Forgot this app ain't as forthcoming as the PC version, re spex.Regardless, while the only air brakes in my possession are consciously and conscientiously curtailing flatus whilst in polite company, my rig scaled considerably below it's 'blue book's' value.

Can't attest if that'll help a'tall with your air brake issue, tho...
Dude did you just watch v for vendetta before typing this?
BusT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 07:31 AM   #23
Bus Nut

Here’s a update . I’m noticing these holes . Is this normal.... sorry if this is just a dumb question . But what’s this?

https://youtu.be/S62mPXVSeYw
Old 04-27-2019, 07:36 AM   #24
Bus Nut

Well it’s just weird that I see gears ... I don’t see that on my van or any other cars. Maybe because I haven’t looked hard enough.
Old 04-27-2019, 07:47 AM   #25
Bus Nut

Also I bought some led lights head lights I should install today or tomorrow . I hate when people’s lights blind me but now I can be on the other side
Old 04-27-2019, 07:57 AM   #26
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Dude did you just watch v for vendetta before typing this?
Not that it helps advance your initial query, but I last viewed that film probably 5-6 years back, so I'm not twigging to the reference, sorry...

How Fawkes'd up is that?!
Old 04-27-2019, 07:59 AM   #27
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
the first thing you pointed at is the draft tube.. it blows crankcase gasses and a little oil out (esp under load or if you over-filled your oil).. its normal for a little oil / smoke to come out.

the second thing is your flywheel / starter ring.. the gear you see id where the starter engages the engine to start it.. it is boled to the engine, and then a spacer, then the flex-plate, then the transmission torque converter.

the hole is a weep / inspection hole.. normal to see that..

as for gauges, I did dual digital displays on mine.. I soldered my gauge cluster and it lasted a year, then it went back to working when it wants so I dodnt even look at it most times except for the air gauge.

your transmission has a data link between the engine and trans.. there is no de-fueling that goes on during shifts, but the trans gets its throtle data , kickdown, and cruise control data from the engine computer. if that link dies, the trans operates in a semi-limp mode.. it will not lock the torque converter in any gear as it uses the TC slip factor to determine throttle for downshifts.. one the data link recovers it goes back to normal..

if a check trans light was wired it will come on if the data link dies..

if the TCM had its memory reset by someone with a scanner clearing the codes and resetting the adapts, it will drive "wierd" and shift "wierd" until it Learns your driving style over time..

in my bus, I upgraded to a newer ECM and re-flashed my new ECM with the latest firmware and it fixed pretty much all of the wierd shifting I had previously.. (I swapped an allison 1000 in place of the AT545.). your bus is a 2003 so it likely has pretty close to the latest ECM hardware already..

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 07:59 AM   #28
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Also I bought some led lights head lights I should install today or tomorrow . I hate when people’s lights blind me but now I can be on the other side
What'd you get? Looking to do the same upgrade presently. Let us know how well they work for ya.
Old 04-27-2019, 11:06 AM   #29
Bus Nut

Quote:
Not that it helps advance your initial query, but I last viewed that film probably 5-6 years back, so I'm not twigging to the reference, sorry...

How Fawkes'd up is that?!

Just the unique word choices and alliterations reminded me of

“But on this most auspicious of nights, permit me then, in lieu of the more commonplace sobriquet, to suggest the character of this dramatis persona: Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate.” V - Talking to Natalie Portman.

I haven’t watched the movie in a few years myself.
Old 04-27-2019, 11:08 AM   #30
Bus Nut

Quote:
What'd you get? Looking to do the same upgrade presently. Let us know how well they work for ya.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F132051884587

I got this and will see how plug n play they are.

Seems like I didn’t link it right
There definitely blue.
And bright.
40$
Old 04-27-2019, 11:10 AM   #31
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
the first thing you pointed at is the draft tube.. it blows crankcase gasses and a little oil out (esp under load or if you over-filled your oil).. its normal for a little oil / smoke to come out.

the second thing is your flywheel / starter ring.. the gear you see id where the starter engages the engine to start it.. it is boled to the engine, and then a spacer, then the flex-plate, then the transmission torque converter.

as for gauges, I did dual digital displays on mine.. I soldered my gauge cluster and it lasted a year, then it went back to working when it wants so I dodnt even look at it most times except for the air gauge.

your transmission has a data link between the engine and trans.. there is no de-fueling that goes on during shifts, but the trans gets its throtle data , kickdown, and cruise control data from the engine computer. if that link dies, the trans operates in a semi-limp mode.. it will not lock the torque converter in any gear as it uses the TC slip factor to determine throttle for downshifts.. one the data link recovers it goes back to normal..

if the TCM had its memory reset by someone with a scanner clearing the codes and resetting the adapts, it will drive "wierd" and shift "wierd" until it Learns your driving style over time..

in my bus, I upgraded to a newer ECM and re-flashed my new ECM with the latest firmware and it fixed pretty much all of the wierd shifting I had previously.. (I swapped an allison 1000 in place of the AT545.). your bus is a 2003 so it likely has pretty close to the latest ECM hardware already..

-Christopher

Good that it’s normal. Man I have to re read all your replies a few times just to soak up the info. Hahah .......
I can respond a lot more to this post but for now thank you!
Old 04-27-2019, 11:38 AM   #32
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post

-Christopher

Why is there threads though on what I now think is the fly wheel. Or starter ring. It look like it’s missing a plug or something to me. The other hole a a check hole makes sense . But that one is not threaded
Old 04-27-2019, 12:00 PM   #33
Bus Nut

Quote:
Why is there threads though on what I now think is the fly wheel. Or starter ring. It look like it’s missing a plug or something to me. The other hole a a check hole makes sense . But that one is not threaded

That’s pretty much what I think happened . It would go past maybe 50 then drop back down to about 25 on any type of grade for a few hours... and felt like I only had 2nd and 3rd gear.

Why would that data link die. Why would that be Intermittent?
Man I might just not worry about soldering the gauge cluster and just go digital with and old iPad or something that’s a set and gives me all the basics I would need with room for additional sensors and such I’d want to install.

Also seems like I didn’t have any lock up on the gears . As I would have to keep foot on throttle very steadily and never felt and lock up and rpms drop
Old 04-27-2019, 12:01 PM   #34
Bus Nut

Also check trans light never came on . So data link didn’t die.....
I guess.
But if all gauges were pinned down and not working would the emergency dash display even use the check trans . Or could that of happened ( data link dies) and it just didn’t show?

Man not trying to be annoying or anything with all the questions hah but you seem to have a very good idea and no one else I’ve chatted with does
Old 04-27-2019, 04:48 PM   #35
Bus Crazy

Ah, so. I find high-flown & -faulting language to be unenduringly funny. I only converse thusly when I am permitted a period to ponderificate and parse personal phraseology .

Apparently, I always avoid alliteration assiduously in all ways...
Quote:
Just the unique word choices and alliterations reminded me of

“But on this most auspicious of nights, permit me then, in lieu of the more commonplace sobriquet, to suggest the character of this dramatis persona: Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate.” V - Talking to Natalie Portman.

I haven’t watched the movie in a few years myself.
Thanx for the headlight link. They were already in my wish list. They look to be good uns.

Leave us hope that when you see the light you can pronounce it goid!
Old 04-27-2019, 07:44 PM   #36
Bus Nut

Quote:
Ah, so. I find high-flown & -faulting language to be unenduringly funny. I only converse thusly when I am permitted a period to ponderificate and parse personal phraseology .

Apparently, I always avoid alliteration assiduously in all ways...Thanx for the headlight link. They were already in my wish list. They look to be good uns.

Leave us hope that when you see the light you can pronounce it goid!

Check this out . https://youtu.be/cXqlBwnqq7I
They looked awesome when there was only one installed. After putting both of them I noticed a flashing coming from them. Kinda sucks maybe a mis match in watts and volt or some odd power supply or short issue . I’m going to be contacting the eBay seller.
Old 04-27-2019, 10:48 PM   #37
Bus Crazy

Did they come with load resistors? Had to install inline when I upgraded my toads' tail lights, back b4 even thinking about getting a magic bus, and it was simply Brun Hilda d's Beetle.

Hyper flashing like you described is symptomatic of LEDs installed w/o the resistors massaging the electron flow...

Just my dos centavos.
Quote:
Check this out . https://youtu.be/cXqlBwnqq7I
They looked awesome when there was only one installed. After putting both of them I noticed a flashing coming from them. Kinda sucks maybe a mis match in watts and volt or some odd power supply or short issue . I’m going to be contacting the eBay seller.
Old 04-28-2019, 07:34 AM   #38
Bus Nut

Man out of the package they looked like just plug n play . Unless there was a resistor built in which I doubt now I didn’t see an inline resister.
I guess I’ll have to take them off and add one in there.
Really don’t want to have to splice one in but only other option is to keep the brights on all the time which could piss off a lot of people.
How should I go about determining what size resistor ?
Old 04-28-2019, 07:57 AM   #39
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Man out of the package they looked like just plug n play . Unless there was a resistor built in which I doubt now I didn’t see an inline resister.
I guess I’ll have to take them off and add one in there.
Really don’t want to have to splice one in but only other option is to keep the brights on all the time which could piss off a lot of people.
How should I go about determining what size resistor ?
Yup. Went back to the ad, and they do state that their assemblies are PNP. The 6042 upgrades I bought for Der Beetle came from Super Bright LEDs, and told me what resistor was needed for proper functionality.

Before wiring it in, the lights stobed rapidly, kinda like when 1 bulb in the circuit's burnt up (hyperflashed).

Didn't see much in the description, other than they're ready to rock outta the box. Looks to be a good vendor, I'd try to get an answer from them. Good luck! 🤞
Old 04-28-2019, 08:12 AM   #40
Bus Nut

Quote:
Yup. Went back to the ad, and they do state that their assemblies are PNP. The 6042 upgrades I bought for Der Beetle came from Super Bright LEDs, and told me what resistor was needed for proper functionality.

Before wiring it in, the lights stobed rapidly, kinda like when 1 bulb in the circuit's burnt up (hyperflashed).

Didn't see much in the description, other than they're ready to rock outta the box. Looks to be a good vendor, I'd try to get an answer from them. Good luck! ��

Hopefully these resistors from superbright leds will work.
I’m not sure about specs and what to look for when sizing resistors for this headlight but I might go with this. 20$ plus 40$ for headlight . Not to bad .....

http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...lbs/2179/5079/

Tags
aaa sales & services, allison 2000, amtran genesis, dt466e