Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2017, 10:46 PM   #1

I joined the party with "Shorty"!

Hello all. My name is Patrick and I just purchased a 2002 ford diesel short bus. She has the 7.3 powerstoke "million mile" engine, so I hope to run laps around this thing called life with her for the long haul. I call her, Shorty.

We are tethered in San Francisco off and on for the next 2 years as I get my master's in photography at the academy of art university. She wants me to hurry along so we can get to exploring the world and I have to remind her that we can hit up the endless wild of California and go beyond during my breaks. No rush as we get her all primped and primed for the extremes of jungles to Rocky mountain snow peaks.

This is a dream come true as my mantra for as long as I can remember is to be truly free. Outside living on a sailboat this is the closest one can do in our world... Am I right?!

Looking forward to learning from the veterans of this site who have been through the trenches of getting their roadworthy steeds up to standards.

See you in the threads y'all and maybe on the road as well!

Patrick

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Patrickhitches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 01:54 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Chassis: GMC or Chevrolet, I hope
Engine: gasser probably
Niceeeeeee looking shorty !!!!

Sent from my Life One X using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2017, 01:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by oricha1984 View Post
Niceeeeeee looking shorty !!!!

Sent from my Life One X using Tapatalk
Thanks Oricha!!

Old 10-20-2017, 02:00 PM   #4
Traveling

Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: '00
Welcome !

It sure is refreshing to not have to request pictures, I guess we will get many from you !

Seal that roof hatch- looks like it's a leaker. Excited to see an artistic skoolie.

Get planning and reading !
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 03:18 PM   #5
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
great lookin bus!! drive it lots!! that grin on your face mimicks mine as i drive my bus everywhere!! cool stuff!!!! enjoy and Live life like you stole it!
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 11:27 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
It sure is refreshing to not have to request pictures, I guess we will get many from you !

Seal that roof hatch- looks like it's a leaker. Excited to see an artistic skoolie.

Get planning and reading !
Right on Rusty! The scouring the interwebs has been going on for many months, now for the fine tuning details on what actual insulation to use and best way to lay this bad boy out. As for the roof hatch, do you mean close it off completely or just touch it up with sealant? I assume I'll read more on that as I go as well ... I'll try to get detailed pics and share as much as I can to help as I learn.

Thanks for the warm welcome brother!

Old 10-20-2017, 11:29 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
great lookin bus!! drive it lots!! that grin on your face mimicks mine as i drive my bus everywhere!! cool stuff!!!! enjoy and Live life like you stole it!
-Christopher
"Live life like you stole it" ... Love that brother! And yes, I will drive her everywhere. She's my full time gal, so I'll give her all the love I can muster up for a long and beautiful jaunt into the years or decades to come!

Old 10-21-2017, 12:23 AM   #8
Traveling

Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: '00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickhitches View Post
As for the roof hatch, do you mean close it off completely or just touch it up with sealant? I assume I'll read more on that as I go as well ... I'll try to get detailed pics and share as much as I can to help as I learn.

Thanks for the warm welcome brother!
I'm just looking at the layers of caulk from your drone pic?? Balcony ? 30' handless selfie stick???

Anywho, they all leak. It is a prime risk for break-in, thieves know all the tricks.

Keep water OUT !!!! is bottom line b4 making nice inside. Many like to replace with 12 v fan like: Fantastic fan or the other one- I forget the name right now maxxfan
... I'm back.

Somebody help me- I'm pooped from fighting the bus today and into a bottle of vino...

link here

The covers are nice because you can leave the vent open in the light rain.

Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote