Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2017, 04:03 PM   #1

Year: 1993
Coachwork: International
Engine: 3800
I love this site!

Hello everyone, I bought my 93 international 3800 about 3 years ago, and have been living in it the entire time ive been working on it.
When I bought the bus I had it at my rental house for about a month before my landlord kicked me out. So I opted to live in the bus on a piece of land in the middle of nowhere that my family owned. No electricity, no water. For 3 years i have been slowly turning my dream home into a reality. After extensive body changes I've been purchasing the essentials, water tanks, propane tanks, water heater, etc. Im currently undergoing the new DC automotive wiring, new marker lights new brake/turn/tail lights, all of them. I'm running all new wiring, conduits, and electrical boxes to the new light locations. Now im stuck! Without an owners manual and wiring diagrams, I'm completely lost as to how to connect the new wiring along with the old wiring, circuits, and fuse blocks. I guess I could trace each wire, but if anyone out there has a wiring diagram, it could save me a weeks worth of headaches... so, I'm reaching out to all of you, to see if anyone might have the information I seek. Thank you in advance, and I'm proud to be a new member of the amazing school.net!
Jordan

Misanthrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 05:12 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1989
Coachwork: 1853FC International/Navistar
Chassis: 35' Retired Air Force Ambulance
Engine: DT466, MT643
Rated Cap: 6 souls and a driver
cool! another Okie....

We're slowly gaining on the one's from Florida & Texas
Old 02-19-2017, 05:35 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Van Hool
Chassis: T2140
Engine: Cummins M11+ 450hp
Send a message via AIM to Whims and Wishes Send a message via MSN to Whims and Wishes
Our 1998 T2140 Van Hool conversion

New to forums, new to bus conversions, new to Skoolie.net, not new to hard work! Husband and I bought a 1998 T2140 Van Hool passenger bus in October, 2016 for $12K to convert to our retirement home on wheels. Hard work is what we found and we are loving every minute of it. Well, maybe not EVERY minute of it but most of them. We have it completely gutted, insulated, some of our items purchased and are ready to begin the build stage so we figure we found Skoolie.net and experienced people just in time.

As we figure out how to navigate the site, we will be posting pictures of our progress. We are doing a spiral staircase, queen sized bedroom, full bath with a 4' shower and a half bath both with amazing glass sinks, unusual 3D printed lighting fixtures as well as other surprises.

Have enjoyed reading your forum posts, getting lots of good ideas, how to's and looking at pictures. Can't wait to begin the next adventure with our Whimsy! Thanks for all the ideas!
Whims and Wishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 08:01 PM   #4
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 65 pax
Welcome to both of you!

Sandi
www.thismidwifetravels.com
Living full-time on my skoolie.
WanderWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 06:50 AM   #5
Bus Nut

Year: 1990
Coachwork: BB
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: Cummins
Rated Cap: 25.999K
Buy a Power Probe and learn how to use it. It will save you tons of headaches. Best tool ever for DC work. Oh- and welcome.
SDR76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical, newbie, wiring diagram