Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-27-2017, 03:53 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Coachwork: Superior Coach
Chassis: Loadstar 1600
Engine: international 345 v8
I need help!

So i have obtained an International 1600 superior coach. where would i find details about the bus? Where can i find a Vin/Serial number? and how can i figure out the year

wrathhaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 04:07 PM   #2
Traveling

Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: '00
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathhaven View Post
So i have obtained an International 1600 superior coach. where would i find details about the bus? Where can i find a Vin/Serial number? and how can i figure out the year
Obtained? Found? Grew? How you obtain bus with no papers, Ke-mo sah-bee?

photos?
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 04:25 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Obtained? Found? Grew? How you obtain bus with no papers, Ke-mo sah-bee?

photos?
The bus has been sitting at my girlfriends grandfathers body shop since we met and i asked him about it he said his friend put it there 25+ years ago. As far as we all know his friend who previously owned the bus is now deceased. and Im trying to figure out how i would get the title.
Old 11-27-2017, 05:38 PM   #4
Traveling

Quote:
The bus has been sitting at my girlfriends grandfathers body shop since we met and i asked him about it he said his friend put it there 25+ years ago. As far as we all know his friend who previously owned the bus is now deceased. and Im trying to figure out how i would get the title.
See, now THAT is a story.

If you can get inside the bus, it will have a stamped ID plate on it with the VIN. It may be in a few places, but look around driver's area/firewall/above windshield.

Post some pics when you get a chance. Welcome !

Click image for larger version

Name:	1600.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	675.5 KB
ID:	17470
Old 11-27-2017, 05:50 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Name:	4F37A68B-B72D-4CD9-B609-1F557DC3DCC0 - Copy.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	257.8 KB
ID:	17471

Name:	09CD321F-6B8A-43B0-A28B-B7BFF1C3918F - Copy.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	305.8 KB
ID:	17472

Name:	49F9E495-1608-4F9D-AC6E-5730650C856C - Copy.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	295.7 KB
ID:	17473

Name:	34082DA7-EED7-4A33-B598-AA77E3483F3D - Copy.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	187.5 KB
ID:	17474

Sorry that there sideways
Old 11-27-2017, 05:52 PM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
See, now THAT is a story.

If you can get inside the bus, it will have a stamped ID plate on it with the VIN. It may be in a few places, but look around driver's area/firewall/above windshield.

Post some pics when you get a chance. Welcome !

Attachment 17470
thank you for your reply i will get more pictures this weekend. Do you have any suggestions on how i should obtain the title?
Old 11-27-2017, 06:35 PM   #7
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
not sure in your state, but if the person is deceased and it was parked on someone elses property, that person can file for a mechanics lien.. stating in some way that there was work done to it or rent for the space wasnt payed, etc.. a letter will be sent to the last knowmn owner.. or in this case an estate. if no response is returned within i think 30 or 60 days then they do a search for the person or estate and try to contact.. 99% of the time unless its some restored classic no one wants anything to do with it.. then the state will issue a title to the property owner who filed the lien.. and then the ycan transfer it to you...

I did this in Ohio with one of the hotrods I built years ago... took a few months but i got a clear non-salvage title for it.
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 06:47 PM   #8
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
not sure in your state, but if the person is deceased and it was parked on someone elses property, that person can file for a mechanics lien.. stating in some way that there was work done to it or rent for the space wasnt payed, etc.. a letter will be sent to the last knowmn owner.. or in this case an estate. if no response is returned within i think 30 or 60 days then they do a search for the person or estate and try to contact.. 99% of the time unless its some restored classic no one wants anything to do with it.. then the state will issue a title to the property owner who filed the lien.. and then the ycan transfer it to you...

I did this in Ohio with one of the hotrods I built years ago... took a few months but i got a clear non-salvage title for it.
-Christopher
Thank you very much i hope that will work. I talk to her grandfather about it when i see him next.
Old 11-27-2017, 08:22 PM   #9
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
Is the body solid enough to put all this time and money into?
Old 11-27-2017, 08:44 PM   #10
Bus Crazy

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: IH
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 14
If this bus is in TN (as your profile indicates), I would see if just a hand-written bill of sale would be enough. As long as the VIN isn't showing stolen, no one looks too deeply into the vehicle history. I know in GA, a bill of sale is fine for anything 1985 or older. Anything 86 and up requires a title.

Look under the hood, on the firewall for a VIN from IH (probably on the "passenger" side).
Brad_SwiftFur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 08:45 PM   #11
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin97396 View Post
Is the body solid enough to put all this time and money into?
as far as i know everything is solid there is no rust holes straight thru the floor. i have only seen surface rust so far when i clean the bus out ill take pics so you can see the damage. the previous owner had a motor stored in it and most of the back half is covered in oil because he had the pistons in oil and the container busted so im hoping there is little rust in the back. and there is no rust holes in the roof
Old 12-02-2017, 10:58 AM   #12
Mini-Skoolie

so this is some information I found on the bus

Name:	IMG_1351.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	251.4 KB
ID:	17554

Is this all the stuff I need to get a title?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-02-2017, 11:04 AM   #13
Traveling

Name:	big.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	17555

416360H630257

is what i see.
Old 12-02-2017, 11:06 AM   #14
Mini-Skoolie

That’s correct is that all I need for s title and registering it

Old 12-02-2017, 12:26 PM   #15
Traveling

Quote:
That’s correct is that all I need for s title and registering it

Tennessee? here is link

Abandoned, Immobile or Unattended Vehicles

Motor vehicles, trailers, semi-trailers, and combinations or parts of those objects that are abandoned, immobile or unattended on public and private property in Tennessee require the finder to follow this procedure to locate owners or sell unclaimed automobiles at auction. Private individuals are NOT allowed to go through the procedure for abandoned, immobile or unattended vehicles. As detailed in step one of this procedure, you must fill out this form, and mail it to the Department's Vehicle Services Division within three business days of taking the vehicle into custody.

An abandoned vehicle is:

more than four years old and left unattended on public property for more than 10 days;
in obvious state of disrepair and left unattended on public property for more than three days;
illegally on public property for more than 48 hours;
remaining on private property without consent of the owner/property manager for more than 48 hours; or
stored, parked or left in a garage, trailer park, or storage or parking lot for more than 30 consecutive days.
An immobile vehicle is:

incapable of moving under its own power due to accident, mechanical breakdown and weather conditions or other emergency.
An unattended vehicle is:

interfering with or impeding the orderly flow of traffic on public or private property in the absence of its owner or authorized driver; or
left on public or private property due to the arrest of the driver.
Old 12-02-2017, 01:52 PM   #16
Bus Geek

since this is at a shop.. mechanics lien might be a better way to go than abandoned..
-Christopher
Old 12-02-2017, 08:06 PM   #17
Bus Crazy

I'd just see if a hand written bill of sale would do it. I know it will in GA if it's 1985 or older.
Old 12-03-2017, 01:44 PM   #18
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad_SwiftFur View Post
I'd just see if a hand written bill of sale would do it. I know it will in GA if it's 1985 or older.
do they do a search? what stops someone from forging a bill of sale for an old shell they see in someone;s yard (that the owner actually plans to do something with)..
-Christopher
Old 12-03-2017, 03:24 PM   #19
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
do they do a search? what stops someone from forging a bill of sale for an old shell they see in someone;s yard (that the owner actually plans to do something with)..
-Christopher
As far as I am aware, the only search they do is to make sure the VIN isn't showing stolen. You make a good point though. It is for this reason GA changed the laws in the mid-90s (it used to be that any vehicle over a certain age didn't need a title, when the law took effect, it effectively made the title cutoff for all vehicles 1986 or newer).

I have no idea what they do if a vehicle is registered to a new owner, then the former owner realizes its gone and they report it stolen. I suspect it goes through the usual stolen vehicle routine, the new "owner" gets the vehicle confiscated (and likely arrested, unless they can demonstrate it was bought in good faith, then the cops go after the "seller").
Old 12-03-2017, 06:47 PM   #20
Bus Geek

stolen vehicle handling TICKS ME OFF!! ive had 2 stolen.. both were customs.. one was a 1980 Oldsmobile Toronado sport coupe.. which was a rare car factory built with a 455 and full gauge package... the car was fiund TWICE and never recovered.. once, the cops wrote a parking tivket for it but never ran the plate or VIN.. I got the ticket in the mail... grrrr.. second time I found it on ebay... VIN was covered in listing... I went to look at it 3 hours away.. yep was my car... VIN tag changed but underneath it wasnt.. and some of my work which i had diagrams and pics of was just as i did it... came back with the cops to recover it.. the seller realized what was going on because the cops showed up in a CRUISER!!! he took off and the cops did a "Do not pursue"... and I never saw it again...

second one I just happen to notice in traffic... called the cops and followed it around... eventually they figured out they were being followed .. I passed 2 cruisers and told the dispatcher I was passing cruisers.. none were sent even though she said they were.. the car took off and I was told if I was caught chasing it i'd get a reckless op ticket.. really?.. not that i could catch it anyway it was an 11 second 1/4 mile street car. ..

here all cars have titles... not sure how far back they go.. but I know even cars from the 60s do..
-Christopher