Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2020, 05:33 AM   #1

In the discussion stage

Hi, I'm Jennifer. My DP, Emmanuel, mentioned a month or so back he found a bus. I'm like .. a bus?? Why? (We've been planning on a switch to a RV or Camper)
Well he's like... We can turn it into a RV... I went all "Karen" on him and started pointing out a bunch of negative crap. Yeah I know, I'm an idiot. Anyway he's like I'll prove it. And we've been researching and watching YouTube videos for days now. I'm hooked. This is the coolest idea. We can have exactly what WE want. We've been inspired by so many of y'all's ideas. IDK who had the Cattle water troth shower ... But OMG thank you. We both loved it. I had ideas pinging like crazy. And he agreed to let me be creative with the outside. I love to paint. I think this is what we're going to do. We appreciate each and every one of y'all that have shared your experience, your trials and errors and your triumphs and well everything in between.

Jennifer& Emmanuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 08:32 AM   #2
Traveling

Year: None
Coachwork: None
Chassis: None
Engine: None
Rated Cap: None
Lots to know and research prior to purchase. I've put together a sort of primer for newbies that is too long for recurrent posting, so I'll PM it to you.
CHEESE_WAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 08:43 AM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International RE
Engine: International T444e
Rated Cap: 76
Keep in mind your desired timeline, these are a lot of work. A _lot_ of work. I wanted to be done in a little over a year- well, year three sailed by before I was finished. And I would not get selling it what I put into it, even in terms of materials costs.

That being said- it is as you say, completely custom, completely built to my exact needs. The flaws and features are all intentional, it fits our lifestyle perfectly. Would I do it again: I'm thinking about it next year.

Btw, my girlfriend and I were looking at THoW (Tiny Houses on Wheels) before going the skoolie route. She had the same reaction as you, until I both showed her conversion videos and we went to see a bus in person. Then it clicked for her.
kazetsukai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
new to this, still learning, want bus