Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2022, 12:21 PM   #1

Intro

Me:

Old. Ugly. Stinky. Crippled. Poor AF.

Cantankerous A-hole. Disabled veteran. Looking to set up a rig for serious boondocking and Long term off grid survival.

Looking into 1999-2003 ford e-series and f-series (shorties) (7.3 diesel) mini bus/short bus. And also checking out single rear wheel configurations.

Hoping to find something I can use while converting. Depending on the height and factors, might do a roof raise first.

2x TBI, so it's sometimes difficult to sort humor from sarcasm from serious comments but I try to pause before responding to make sure I'm understanding and responding appropriately. It also means I might come across as, well, an a_hole when in reality I'm just trying to understand or express something within my neurological limitations.

Hoping to find good information from tolerant helpful folks.

Plan on setting up a recirculating shower, additional fuel tank, composting toilet, multi options heat, and depending on the room, a mini Wood stove. Will be installing maximum possible solar and batteries.

Trying to figure out a rain water collection and filtration system that Will work together with whatever ends up on the roof.

Will be towing a small 4x4 car behind, and probably hanging the cripple man's bikes (trikes) on the back on a hydraulic bike rack that raises to allow rear doors to open.

That's My current delusions of grandeur.

I'll be scouring this forum, YouTube & every other site possible for Ideas and resources.

Hoping to get the best configuration possible for decent mpg and Long term hermit nomad living to provide the most possible safe seclusion with minimizing the need for trips into civilization.

May respond instantly, May go Days without a response.

Funk Daddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 09:09 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: IC / Amtran
Chassis: CE300
Engine: International T444e
Rated Cap: 23
Welcome Funk Daddy.

I dig the idea of a rainwater collection system. Very original and a great use of all that rooftop real-estate. A large array of panels surrounded by a gutter system would kill 2 birds with one stone.

I've known a couple people with TBI issues that sounded similar to yours. Doesn't help that the internet makes it hard to discern between sarcasm and seriousness even without TBI issues. The good news is that enough people on the internet are a-holes without having a qualifying medical condition, so you should blend right in

Our Build: Mr. Beefy
TheHubbardBus is offline   Reply With Quote