Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2019, 01:17 AM   #1

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International
Engine: 3800 T444e
Introducing Tardis the bus

Hello, I'm Ravin René and I just purchased a 1999 Thomas international 444, that I declared my Tardis before I even purchased her. I have a couple of off the bat questions: I live in Austin Texas in an apartment complex that won't let me park the bus. Does anyone have or Know anyone in the area that I could park and build out a 24/25" bus until August? Also, is anyone a mechanic in the area that would be willing to help a fellow skoolie out and figure out where a Diesel leak is coming from (I had someone look at the bus when I bought it, but he didn't have time to get deep into the bus to see where it was coming from... is all I know is it was piling up in the middle.) Like most people INSURANCE. where is a good place to start asking questions in Texas? Most of the stuff I see about this is pertaining to a few years ago. Lastly is there anyone that is in the area or will be in the Austin area that would be willing to help me with my build? all of my friends (that would help, the true friends) and family are all Hours away, so I will be going at this SOLO. I can barter and give you a photo session or two either free or on a steep discount.

PS: you can follow us along @tardisthebus or @ravinrene on Instagram I plan on starting a youtube series as well
Attached Thumbnails
BusDay007.jpg   76757001002.jpeg  

Tardisthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 01:43 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Thomas Built Bus
Chassis: Freightliner FS65
Engine: Caterpillar 3126E Diesel
Rated Cap: 71 Passenger- 30,000 lbs.
Welcome!

There are a few Texans on this site and some are close to you.

There are a few threads concerning insurance for Texas busses, but I do not have the links. Use the search and enter "Texas Insurance". You can also look up Kelly with Allstate in the "Florida Insurance" thread. She might be helpful.

FInally, you might like to fill out your profile a bit to let folks know your bus details. You can add the Indian Paintbrush picture as your avatar.

Do you plan on painting Tardis a police box blue?
Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 08:41 PM   #3
Skoolie

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC 1000
Engine: 5.9/AT
Rated Cap: 2 adults, 2 dogs
I'm doing min in Tucson AZ. We rent an RV lot from an independent place that also does RV repair. They allow us to work on it as long as we don't damage anything or drip oil on ground. Being at a repair place is a valuable resource too. Small chat has big information.
AZHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 02:11 AM   #4

I love the name you chose and as Native asked, are you planning on painting her blue? ��

Tags
austin texas, diesel issues, help me!, insurance coverage, solo female