Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2017, 10:08 AM   #1

Year: 1991
Coachwork: International
Introducing the Veracozy Bus

Hi everyone! Long time visitor here, first time post. Several years ago when I was working a cubicle job and pretty much hating every minute of it, I happened upon a youtube video of a couple who had converted a school bus into a mobile home. They essentially left mainstream society to live a life of adventure on the open road, and nothing has ever appealed to my sense of wonder to the extent that this did.

I spent the next two years accumulating a massive amount of data, a lot of which came from this site right here. I felt I had nothing I could personally contribute at the time; I was rather shy about my aspirations before we bought our bus and my knowledge level about carpentry and electrical work was nil. Still though, I felt it was somehow important to learn as much as I could about both the conversion process and the lifestyle, and I owe this website a lot for giving me the information I needed to succeed.

In 2014 my girlfriend and I finally made the financial decision to buy a bus. We found a 1991 International locally and the owners had maintained it very well. We spent all of our free time (which was little) tearing out the seats and the original floors. We patched the rusted out spots in the floor, then due to financial constraints we didn't get back to it until the following year where we put in the new floor and started working on re-insulating the walls. Finally, towards the end of 2016 we sold our house and set off on our maiden voyage.

We just got back from our first four month stretch aboard our bus conversion which we call Veracozy (a play on words because it's a very cozy bus ). It couldn't have went better! The entire experience felt like one continuous moment and both me and my girlfriend have never felt more alive or free. We've since made it back to where we started and in our four months on the road we determined there were a few additions we would like to add which is what we plan on doing during the spring and summer here in Michigan. After that, it's back on the road again

If you're interested in learning more about us and our conversion, check us out at www.veracozy.com. We also have a YouTube channel where we have a video series talking about our adventures living the bus lifestyle.

We feel so grateful to be a part of this community and look forward to talking more about bus life.

Veracozy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bus life, skoolie, traveling lifestyle, veracozy, veracozybus