Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2017, 08:53 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Introduction

Hi y'all! Like to take a minute to introduce myself, I am Cherry, a truck driver by trade and the Mother of three Grown children (yes! free at last!) Having lived in a converted bus with my parents and 4 brothers and sisters many years ago, I am not exactly new to the life. I did abandon it to work and raise a family but have found myself wanting it back more than ever now! I am in the process of searching for a bus at the moment. Having the ability to travel across the country allows me to see many for sale but the prices versus the products being sold is Ridiculous! So, any help y'all might have on the nest places (sites) to find one would be great. I know most Ga busses Stink as far as being trustworthy, and I don't want a northern bus..due to rust. I primarily stay in a dedicated area running Ga, LA, MS, NC and SC but anything is game! My son, who owns and operates a bus ( "The Conversion Excursion" ) shop in Tupelo, MS in which he removes seats, floors, etc and is a certified bus and diesel mechanic (does travel) will do the first few steps as well as assist me with the build! I am super excited to read yalls posts and I will post copies of the old Polaroids from the 1954 bus we lived in from 1975-1984. (Lots of upgrades since then!)

Have a blessed day and thanks ahead for all the info!

🍒

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

cherry1207.98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 09:10 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Bluebird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins 24v
Rated Cap: 72 pax
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry1207.98 View Post
Hi y'all! Like to take a minute to introduce myself, I am Cherry, a truck driver by trade and the Mother of three Grown children (yes! free at last!) Having lived in a converted bus with my parents and 4 brothers and sisters many years ago, I am not exactly new to the life. I did abandon it to work and raise a family but have found myself wanting it back more than ever now! I am in the process of searching for a bus at the moment. Having the ability to travel across the country allows me to see many for sale but the prices versus the products being sold is Ridiculous! So, any help y'all might have on the nest places (sites) to find one would be great. I know most Ga busses Stink as far as being trustworthy, and I don't want a northern bus..due to rust. I primarily stay in a dedicated area running Ga, LA, MS, NC and SC but anything is game! My son, who owns and operates a bus ( "The Conversion Excursion" ) shop in Tupelo, MS in which he removes seats, floors, etc and is a certified bus and diesel mechanic (does travel) will do the first few steps as well as assist me with the build! I am super excited to read yalls posts and I will post copies of the old Polaroids from the 1954 bus we lived in from 1975-1984. (Lots of upgrades since then!)

Have a blessed day and thanks ahead for all the info!

🍒

Welcome.
You have a great leg up on most. The ability to travel and Son that can help out! Look forward to seeing your choice.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Njsurf73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: GMC Vandura 3500
Engine: 5.7L
Welcome to the forum! Everyone is so helpful here, you have an almost endless supply of skoolie information.
Old 03-12-2017, 08:10 AM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Thank you all so much I am excited to be able to share the experience and have the pros input for the future build!

Old 03-12-2017, 08:17 AM   #5
Bus Nut

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Thomas
Engine: Cummins ISC 260HP/660Q/MD3060 6spd
Rated Cap: 81
Good luck finding the right bus! Would love to see your old bus pictures; I didn't know it was a thing back then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bon Voyage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 08:21 AM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

Ha! I don't think it was, most folks looked at us like we were crazy! And honestly I often thought we were myself. I've lived in every corner of this country from the orchards to the northern border ocean to ocean. They worked odd jobs to get by and man it was awesome. My Dad used to tell us its what makes you happy in life that matters so forget the rest!

Old 03-12-2017, 09:26 AM   #7
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
Howdy & Welcome! You definitely have a head start on the whole converting/bus living concept. Can't wait to see what you come up with. And if you are willing to travel, we have some really solid buses here in Texas.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 09:33 AM   #8
Mini-Skoolie

Tbanks! For me traveling is never an issue I do it to a living! Plus, I love Texas!