Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2021, 04:17 PM   #1

It was going well till wires started to get cut

Hey guys, I got a 2004 international. My wife and I were working on cleaning up the wires when the bus stopped working. The dashboard turned on, indicating that I had a good flow of power, but for some reason the bus engine wouldn’t even try to start. We read a thread that we could bypass incomplete circuits by connecting the ignition switch to the starter solenoid. Well, I tried that and I think I blew a fuse because now even the ignition switch and dashboard are dead. What do I do.

Vrad2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 04:33 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Your bus has a starter interlock circuit which prevents the bus from starting if either of the emergency exit doors is locked. Closing the deadbolt (which locks the door) breaks this circuit, so a simple fix is to locate the wire that used to run from the front to the black box that the side exit door deadbolt goes into (it may be a yellow wire but not necessarily so). "Ground" this wire by wrapping it around a screw run into one of the ribs; this will complete the interlock circuit and allow your bus to start.

At least it will allow your bus to start once you re-wire the ignition switch the way it used to be and locate and replace the blown fuse.