Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2017, 11:46 PM   #1
Skoolie

It's almost time!!

I've been posting and learning on here for a couple of months here and finally within the next two days I will actually have my "real rig". I have learned so much from you all and now the real questions will begin.
Pretty funny but I thought here's the best example of how I roll.
I know my first place I am goibg is to Colorado. I lived there for about six months last year and there were a couple things I didn't get to do while I was there. One of them was to buy a gun. I've always been a gun own/user in Illinois but I ran a little "a foul" of the law so I had to voluntarily surrender my F.O.I.D card. And my friend that I live with is absolutely anti gun so I've not bothered rearming myself with anything but a Taser, pepper spray and a couple of scary looking kitchen knives. So tonight I googled "how long does it take to get a gun in Colorado". The answer made me chuckle..."about 15 minutes" was Google's response.
Looks like I couldn't have picked an easier place. But now with that being said I'm assuming I have to be a resident. Anyone have any clue how it really works there?

Gypsy Clipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 12:21 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 2003
Engine: DT530
Rated Cap: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy Clipper View Post
I've been posting and learning on here for a couple of months here and finally within the next two days I will actually have my "real rig". I have learned so much from you all and now the real questions will begin.
Pretty funny but I thought here's the best example of how I roll.
I know my first place I am goibg is to Colorado. I lived there for about six months last year and there were a couple things I didn't get to do while I was there. One of them was to buy a gun. I've always been a gun own/user in Illinois but I ran a little "a foul" of the law so I had to voluntarily surrender my F.O.I.D card. And my friend that I live with is absolutely anti gun so I've not bothered rearming myself with anything but a Taser, pepper spray and a couple of scary looking kitchen knives. So tonight I googled "how long does it take to get a gun in Colorado". The answer made me chuckle..."about 15 minutes" was Google's response.
Looks like I couldn't have picked an easier place. But now with that being said I'm assuming I have to be a resident. Anyone have any clue how it really works there?
You will need a driver's license from CO to buy a gun there. You will have to Google what it takes to get a CO DL. (I used to own a gun shop in IN)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Old 09-28-2017, 01:02 AM   #3
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bolt View Post
You will need a driver's license from CO to buy a gun there. You will have to Google what it takes to get a CO DL. (I used to own a gun shop in IN)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Apparently this conversation is not necessarily. Apparently I found my Illinois foid card. I guess after I finished my state required punishment for my slight deviation from abiding all of Illinois laws they sent me back my foid card. I found it in my sad little envelope of my "important" documents. Looks like i go shopping! Whoo hoo!
Gypsy Clipper is offline   Reply With Quote