Originally Posted by MasterMerck
I am almost finished with my conversion.
- It will take a lot more money and time than you imagine
- Tint your windows early if you are leaving them in
- Get a bigger grinder right away
- Don't give up
- Don't settle on a bus. The perfect one is out there
- It will test the strength of your marriage
- Vinyl plank flooring will not work
- Carpet really helps with sound
- There will not be a project that you will be more proud of in the end
Can you expand on the vinyl plank flooring?
Also, OP, share some of your ideas for what you want to do on the inside, and then maybe some of us can chime in if we remember anything tricky or have tips for certain parts
If you've just scrubbed the floor, make sure you address any rust on it now before you start building. grab a wire wheel or a flap disc, remove the rust, patch any holes or really bad areas if you need to cut any out, and then treat the rust with a converter like ospho. Then your ready for some primer to seal that up, and your ready to start building!