Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2021, 07:42 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2006
Coachwork: Setra
Chassis: S 417
Engine: 12.7 L
Rated Cap: 56
Smile It's time!

Greetings all! My name is Jim. I've been lurking and learning for the past year and am ready to make the plunge. My vehicle of choice doesn't exactly fit the parameters but I have learned so much here! I've been planning this move for 2 years and I believe I've found my bus. If all goes well I will close the deal on a 45 foot tour bus. looking at 6 in my price range. About to have it professionally inspected. 2006 fleet bus with 500K and full maintenance records. Bus is located in West I am in Ga. Alternates located in Ca. and NJ(if it passes inspection) Working on budget out side of purchase price and seeking advice on transporting home. I have started process to get CDL ( for the knowledge) and I don't want to chance my first drive with the weather we've been having. Things are starting to change and I feel my window closing. Would especially like to ask Cheese Wagon or any drivers about possible help. I realize this is big but it fits my needs and goals. finishing a 50x30 foot parking pad behind my home to do the work. Any help or advice would be appreciated!

Thanks Jim!

P.S. This is my first ever forum post.

Jimot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 09:09 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Welcome fellow Georgian, what part? A CDL is not required for a decommissioned bus as long as there is seating for 16 or less, but knowledge is good. Bus is located in West, where? Can you not drive it yourself? Would be cheapest way to transport. If you hire someone, it's going to be airfare, hotels, fuel, and a fee. Weather shouldn't be an issue going forward.
If this is your first post, why does it show you have 4?
Old 03-18-2021, 12:01 AM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Just west of Atlanta> Good to meet you! most likely candidate located in Col. Cool! slugging through the critical details! This will be the biggest thing I've ever driven! Want to learn all I can. plan to take RV driving course once I get it here. ( you have to have vehicle Weather is too unpredictable to take a chance with something that big! I am so looking forward to this! budget is 20K and I've actually found several nice buses! Hate to cash in on tough times but couldn't pass this up! Wish everyone well!
Old 03-18-2021, 11:27 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

first new post made three comments in past. About driving would like to go with someone if possible. a lot of firsts with 32,000 lbs. I may yet, hope to close the deal soon. Would you know anyone planning to head that way or coming back that I could caravan with?
Old 03-19-2021, 12:15 AM   #5
Traveling

Year: None
Coachwork: None
Chassis: None
Engine: None
Rated Cap: None
Jim, sent you a PM per your OP.
CHEESE_WAGON is offline   Reply With Quote