Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-02-2019, 06:10 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie
 
Galleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 30
Year: 2000
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: T444e 7.3
Jerry



Galleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 06:14 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie
 
Galleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 30
Year: 2000
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: T444e 7.3
Plan on following this beautiful bus loosely

https://www.instagram.com/bodhibus/?hl=en

Here’s where I am at






Galleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 06:15 PM   #3
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 22,467
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
I've got a 5 window Thomas. "Fun Size"!
Enjoy the shorty!
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 06:34 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie
 
Galleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 30
Year: 2000
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: T444e 7.3
Thanks eastcoastcb!

Jerry is a name with 2 meanings- Garcia and a terrible skier.

I’ll be taking this around to ski races for my kids in the Midwest.

here is a tentative floorplan

Galleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 06:39 PM   #5
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 22,467
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Very similar to our intended floorplan.
Bunk bed makes the most sense to us with the available space.
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 10:20 AM   #6
Mini-Skoolie
 
Galleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 30
Year: 2000
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: T444e 7.3







Galleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 02:33 PM   #7
Site Team
 
Johnny Mullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Ashtabula, Ohio
Posts: 1,412
Year: 1996
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E 7.3L
Nice bus you got there! Coming along I see.
Johnny Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 03:29 PM   #8
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 22,467
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Always nice to see em painted!
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 12:37 PM   #9
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 55
I love your color choice!

How long is it and how much do you have behind the driver’s seat?

Just out of curiosity, it looks like the roof was lowered behind the drivers window, in the same way some of the busses came with a slightly raised roof. Is that something they did?
Disastrogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 12:38 PM   #10
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 22,467
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disastrogirl View Post
I love your color choice!

How long is it and how much do you have behind the driver’s seat?

Just out of curiosity, it looks like the roof was lowered behind the drivers window, in the same way some of the busses came with a slightly raised roof. Is that something they did?
that's Bus Conversion Blue!! I love it too!

http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f13/be...ing-25662.html
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 12:48 PM   #11
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 55
I was thinking it was a seafoam or aqua. : )

Is that a super common color people use?
Disastrogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 12:52 PM   #12
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 22,467
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disastrogirl View Post
I was thinking it was a seafoam or aqua. : )

Is that a super common color people use?
Sorta... Its just a natural color for buses and they do look great in seafoam/tiffany/CVB.
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 01:23 PM   #13
Mini-Skoolie
 
Galleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 30
Year: 2000
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: T444e 7.3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disastrogirl View Post
I love your color choice!

How long is it and how much do you have behind the driverís seat?

Just out of curiosity, it looks like the roof was lowered behind the drivers window, in the same way some of the busses came with a slightly raised roof. Is that something they did?
The roof came that way.
I found the blueprints for this bus on the Thomas website, and that is what I started with on the layout plans above, which are to scale. It is approximately 24í and approximately 15í behind the driver seat to work with.

The roof, like many youíll see, is white for heat deflection. Wife got to choose the color of the sides and liked that blue, seafoam green, conversion Bus blue. Made sense to me, as it wonít show road salt or be too obnoxious so it got the thumbs up.
Galleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 01:26 PM   #14
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 22,467
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galleon View Post
The roof came that way.
I found the blueprints for this bus on the Thomas website, and that is what I started with on the layout plans above, which are to scale. It is approximately 24í and approximately 15í behind the driver seat to work with.

The roof, like many youíll see, is white for heat deflection. Wife got to choose the color of the sides and liked that blue, seafoam green, conversion Bus blue. Made sense to me, as it wonít show road salt or be too obnoxious so it got the thumbs up.
YEah that's just how Thomas standard headroom models look.

The paint job/color is looking CHOICE!!!
It really is pleasing to the eye.
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:28 PM   #15
Mini-Skoolie
 
Galleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 30
Year: 2000
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: T444e 7.3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Mullet View Post
Nice bus you got there! Coming along I see.
Thank you Johnny mullet I watched your instructive video series
Galleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:30 PM   #16
Mini-Skoolie
 
Galleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 30
Year: 2000
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: T444e 7.3
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
YEah that's just how Thomas standard headroom models look.

The paint job/color is looking CHOICE!!!
It really is pleasing to the eye.
Thank you eastcoastcb
I did it with a harbor freight $10 hvlp sprayer worked like a charm
Prep-20 hours?
Paint - 3 hours?
Galleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 11:22 AM   #17
Mini-Skoolie
 
Galleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 30
Year: 2000
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: T444e 7.3



Question: do these parts of the interior come out easily? They house the back of the front and back warning lights.



Galleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 11:56 AM   #18
Bus Crazy
 
HazMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: E Central Tejas
Posts: 1,997
Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH 3800, 8 window
Engine: T444E w/ Spicer 5-speed MT
Rated Cap: I prefer broad-brims hats
My bus is a big sis to yours, 8-window Thomas 3800.
Fella I bought it from pulled the ceiling panels, and the bulkhead above the windscreens, so don't know, but doesn't look to be too hard.
The rear bulkhead is freeballing across its top edge. I reckon he stopped when he started to unscrew the bottom of the panel above the door, and thought the better if it!
I left it in place to protect the bulb housings & wires...
__________________
Those who say that it cannot be done should not interrupt the people doing it.
HazMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 12:07 PM   #19
Bus Crazy
 
Sleddgracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: south east BC, close to the Canadian/US border
Posts: 2,265
Year: 1975
Coachwork: Chevy
Chassis: 8 window
Engine: 454 LS7
Rated Cap: 24,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HazMatt View Post
My bus is a big sis to yours, 8-window Thomas 3800.
Fella I bought it from pulled the ceiling panels, and the bulkhead above the windscreens, so don't know, but doesn't look to be too hard.
The rear bulkhead is freeballing across its top edge. I reckon he stopped when he started to unscrew the bottom of the panel above the door, and thought the better if it!
I left it in place to protect the bulb housings & wires...
Matt, what does your 8 window bus weigh? and what is the GVW?
Sleddgracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 12:16 PM   #20
Bus Crazy
 
HazMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: E Central Tejas
Posts: 1,997
Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH 3800, 8 window
Engine: T444E w/ Spicer 5-speed MT
Rated Cap: I prefer broad-brims hats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleddgracer View Post
Matt, what does your 8 window bus weigh? and what is the GVW?
Registered weight reads 23K lbs, and she scaled in at 16,280. Overall, no differentiation as to front/back, side/side...
__________________
Those who say that it cannot be done should not interrupt the people doing it.
HazMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×