Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2018, 03:54 PM   #1
Almost There

Year: 1965
Coachwork: Ford/Willock
Chassis: Ford
Engine: Doesn't have one
Rated Cap: 16 passenger
Smile Just Checking In

Hi Gang,

Yugogypsy here, I haven't checked in for a while because I inherited a hoarder from a nieighbour who skipped on his mortgage and my project bus/livingroom (no front end on bus-up on blocks atm) has become a storage unit.

Grrr Trying to get rid of hoarder is like pulling teeth and I'm ready to pull my hair out in frustration

Project 2, my 1965 Mercedes Transporter needs 3 sheets of 3/4 inch plywood as there are multiple holes in the floor.

My Dodge Caravan that was my daily driver has died of old age, just got a new head it needed and the transmission bit the dust.

Now I'm driving a 1988 VW Jetta for fuel economy, gas is $1.49 per quart/litre at the moment up here (Vancouver Island BC Canada)

Got a 24ft Riviera Star sailboat now as well. One more coat of bottom paint and she can go back in the water.

And last but not least, the Fleury motorhome had a rat invasion in its electrics and we can't even start it.

But I am still determined to get these things done, its just taking a lot longer than I had hoped.

Hope everyone is well and doing good with their projects. I'll check in more often from now on. Cheers Lois

yugogypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 04:08 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Holy Moly, $6/ga. That's $.60/mile. Don't think I could afford to drive the Skoolie at $6/ga. $600 to fill the tank.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 05:16 PM   #3
Almost There

Year: 1965
Coachwork: Ford/Willock
Chassis: Ford
Engine: Doesn't have one
Rated Cap: 16 passenger
Smile Just Checking In

My Jetta has a 55 litre tank and I don't use it any more than necessary. Glad I have a bus I don't have to move. My Mercedes doesn't run either, so the only other thing I have to buy gas for is my lawnmower since giving up on having a horse!
yugogypsy is offline   Reply With Quote