Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2017, 05:51 PM   #1

Year: 1998
Coachwork: International
Chassis: Amtran
Rated Cap: 62
Keeping the dream alive

So my gypsy blood was boiling and I needed some freedom so for the past seven months researching how I can get that freedom with a family of four and Decided that a Schoolie would be better than my VW so I researched everything and we came up with a plan to buy the bus just before the school year ended and spend the summer getting it together Well then there came this hurricane hurricane Irma which we weathered quite well considering we are in Southwest Florida Lee County We parked the VW and a parking garage and chilled out there through the hurricane went very well got back to the house nothing damaged really but then a couple days later landlord stops by to check on damage the disappointment on his face was telling there was no damage no insurance claim for him so he informs us that he will be selling the house and we must leave by Thanksgiving so me being who I am I will not I refuse to take the money that I’ve been saving for my schoolbus dream and put it into moving into another static structure so I bought the bus parked in the driveway and we are now getting it ready let the family adventure begin

Mombus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 06:06 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Welcome,

I am glad to hear that you weathered the storm safely. Your landlords actions... Not so happy.

Fortunately it sounds like you have a good plan to deal with the circumstance.

Best of luck with your build. Ask lots of questions and post lots of pictures as you progress
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 10:11 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird / Microbird
Chassis: Chevy 3500
Engine: Chevy Vortec 6.0 gas
Rated Cap: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mombus View Post
So my gypsy blood was boiling and I needed some freedom so for the past seven months researching how I can get that freedom with a family of four and Decided that a Schoolie would be better than my VW so I researched everything and we came up with a plan to buy the bus just before the school year ended and spend the summer getting it together Well then there came this hurricane hurricane Irma which we weathered quite well considering we are in Southwest Florida Lee County We parked the VW and a parking garage and chilled out there through the hurricane went very well got back to the house nothing damaged really but then a couple days later landlord stops by to check on damage the disappointment on his face was telling there was no damage no insurance claim for him so he informs us that he will be selling the house and we must leave by Thanksgiving so me being who I am I will not I refuse to take the money that I’ve been saving for my schoolbus dream and put it into moving into another static structure so I bought the bus parked in the driveway and we are now getting it ready let the family adventure begin
Welcome!!
Let the wild rumpus start!
Whywalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 06:22 AM   #4
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E 7.3L
Welcome to the site.
Johnny Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 06:18 AM   #5
Bus Crazy

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH 3800, 8 window
Engine: T444E w/ Spicer 5-speed MT
Rated Cap: I prefer broad-brims hats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mombus View Post
Welcome!

Best of luck with your transition / relocation efforts! Trust me, it's rough offloading most of your stuff down to manageable amounts... Yikes! [emoji44]

Sorry about your situation prompting your conversion. Personally, I prefer hot paprika to heat MY gypsy blood.

I bought a tow dolly, so my VW is gonna be a toad...

Happy Trails!

Matteo