Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2017, 12:43 AM   #1

Smile Kia Ora everyone :-)

Hello/Kia Ora everyone! It's great to be a part of this community

Me and my SO are living in Australia and planning to move back home to NZ next year. We will need somewhere to live and also a project to keep us out of mischief, so we have decided the answer is to buy an old bus and turn it into our own little tiny house.

We plan on living in it full time, so we've decided a significant roof raise will be needed for loft/extra bed space, and for everyday comfort. Also I'm 6ft3 and clumsy.

Any advice on exporting/importing would be greatly appreciated, also recommendations for raising the roof.

Otherwise, we will see you in the forums

vendablefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 09:38 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Thomas
Engine: Cummins ISC 260HP/660Q/MD3060 6spd
Rated Cap: 81
Probably better off to find one in NZ to buy. I can't imaging the shipping cost to take it there.

All I can tell you about exporting from the US is you need to give the port it'll be leaving from a minimum 3 days notice when submitting all your paperwork before it can leave the country. You'll also need to get a broker to submit a special number to the port. When I brought mine to Canada I used a company called LS Idaho.

After that it's all to do with the importing country and I have no idea about New Zealand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bon Voyage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bus advice, bus conversion, roof raise, tiny house bus