Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2015, 06:31 PM   #1

Year: 2001
Chassis: GMC Savanah
Engine: GMC E350
Life on a shorty

We've just picked up a 2001 Thomas Built shorty, and are rolling on the conversion. I'm working on acquisitions now, such as tanks, and appliances. Got the kids bunk "hung" from the ceiling but thats about the only thing that's set now. Picked up some un-finished cabinets, but need to seal up some seat bolt holes and get some flooring before I set them. I'm also looking for at least one 36"+ seat with the dual integrated child harnesses in the seat back. Our bus was an ADA bus , so the existing seats are only 30" and only have a single harness in each seat. Our plan is to keep two bus seat in, turn one backwards and use them for travel seating and for a dinnete, so wider seats will be needed and the dual harness seat we need for our two little ones. So, lots of projects, will be ordering misc new parts and pieces this week, but hope to find the seats before too long, as they are kind of holding me up. Posted a few pics, sorry they aren't much. Looking forward to life on the BUS!, and so are our 2 and 4 year old! Good to be here!!

jdhackler is offline   Reply With Quote