Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2018, 08:07 PM   #21
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by knandermueller View Post
How did that work, was it a mechanic? Any references, since it seems like it's about the same area as the one I am looking at? That seems like a good idea. If you don't mind my asking, how much did you pay at auction? Since yours is pretty close in spec to the one I'm looking at, it might give me a feel for what a good ceiling is on price, since I've been seeing numbers all over the place. You can direct msg me if you don't want to post it.

I have to agree with EastCoastCB, your bus checks pretty much all the boxes for what I've been holding out for.

We paid $4950 for the bus, and the sister buses went for similar price. There was some fevered bidding by a whitewater rafting company, and ECCB bid on it as well. I'll PM you the guy's contact info.

Old 11-06-2018, 09:01 PM   #22
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1999
Coachwork: AmTran
Chassis: International 3800 FE
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 77
School Bus Conversion Resources - knandermueller's Album: CO Rust Bucket

Here's the album of my collection of rust pictures for the bus I looked at in CO. My feeling is this is a lot of visible rust. Am I overreacting? FWIW, the tires also look shot, and the roof is 3-4" too low. Everything else was just about perfect, but the rust alone has me freaked! I am no welder.
knandermueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 12:44 AM   #23
Bus Crazy

Low ceiling height buses have 9" windows.

High ceiling height buses have 13" windows.

This can be seen mostly by the line at the top of the windows. If it is a low roof model the line is even with the top of the service door and above the driver's side window. If it is a high roof model the line is several inches above the top of the service door and driver's side window.

With newer buses it is a little harder to tell since all IC buses since about 2004 have had the high roof and 13" windows. And all of the Thomas C2 Type 'C' buses have had the high roof.

Blue Bird still has the high roof as an option.
cowlitzcoach is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buy a bus, help me, new user