Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2020, 01:51 AM   #1

looking for my Gypsy Wagon

Hi Y'all.

I've been lurking a while...and finally decided to do an intro...a long and winding one, lol.
I have been living in an RV, mostly off grid, 6 months outa the year for more than 15 years. I had a 29' Nomad Skyline Travel Trailer for more than 15 years, then a Mini Winnie for a while. The MW took a dive while I was trying to go from Michigan to Minnesota last summer...I was stuck at a gas station in Baldwin Wisconsin for 5 days desperately trying to find help to get her towed to a dude who said he could put a new engine in her...but couldnt find anybody to tow her...I spent hours and hours on my cell phone and it just wasn't happening. Day 5, the cops showed and told me I had 15 minutes to vacate...I packed a bag hurriedly - badly - the cops put me in the back seat, took me to a road side restaurant in the opposite direction from the way I had been heading...and dumped me. I'm afraid there was a bit of a seen as I burst out crying when the cop dumped my bag on the ground outside the restaurant, breaking my brand new purple surface pro notebook computer...Folks in the restaurant saw it all. The lead waitress kindly came out and helped me get inside to a booth, where I ordered food and tried to figure out my next move. Folks started coming by my table, offering prayers, kind words...just being good humans...I'd never been on the wrong side of the cops before - me: a mother of 5, pta and school board secretary - and was terrified, confused, and suffering from heat exhaustion. The folks around me were so kind...one dude came up to my table and said he was a vet of two wars and that seeing a "gentlewoman" like me manhandle by the police, who should have been my defenders, made him ashamed to be an American for the first time in his life...
I managed to get to a hotel and my friend from MN came to pick me up. We went to Baldwin to find my rig and pack more and better but she was gone..gone, not with the cops, gone, not at a repair place or impound yard...just vanished with almost everything I'd owned in her. I've been looking at options and trying to sort out how to get back on the road since.

I want a custom build with its own motor - no trailers, THOWs, connex, or literal gypsy wagons...A skoolie had been my on my possibles list for years! I was looking into a van build out...but I have 5 kids and could NOT see ANY of them visiting me in a van...and the vehicles I liked are horrifically expensive...
I know the layout I want, who will be helping me build, the size I want, the nose type and I am stockpiling appliances and stuff for inside my new rig. I know very little about the bus creating industry however and am trying to figure out which make and model I want and how to find it.
Thank you for taking the time to read my story. Blessings
Alchemy...

AlchemyCoeur is offline   Reply With Quote