Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2021, 12:09 AM   #1

Question Looking for replacement Help PLEASE:)

Hello! Let me just jump right into this, After scrolling through this site I've started to really appreciate the fact that there's a Hobby around school buses and enthusiast with a real love for them l0l its awesome! Now why am I here? Long(not really) story short..My Father recently purchased a home with abunch of random stuff on the property including a very old school bus. Well shortly after moving here I was exploring the property, while also Plinking around with a little .22LR rounds. I for no explainable reason Call it Shamefully Young and Stupid*
I wanted to see if I could penetrate the school buses stop sign, well turns out I'm in hot water over the ordeal for *Denting* the stop sign multiple times and theres a backdoor with a window I regrettably put a BB hole in +a second backdoor window being already cracked, Everything else on this bus from the glass to the leather bench seats inside is in GREAT shape. I Have come here after looking around on the internet about replacing the windows and stop sign as I think this is a Very old bus and I think I need guidance from a community of bus lovers on what I need to do to amend my mistake and Replace these windows+stop sign as It will surprise and make my father very happy. I feel I need to resolve the guilt over the ordeal by my own hand, PLUS it sounds like a fun project and I feel like I owe it to the bus to repair what has gone 40+ years untouched and undamaged until I made a stupid appearance to its scene. what information would I need to bring back to find the proper windows and stop sign? where would I Look to find this information on the bus itself? I can post Any needed pictures to help answer my questions. Thank you!

blueisblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 05:32 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Hit up the vintage school bus archives group on Facebook. We are most into restoring busses on there so people look for things like glass , stop signs etc.
I’d the broken windows are flat with rubber seals then any good auto glass shop can make new windows.

If they are curved then your BBs probably got your credit card I’m serious hot water too.
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote