Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2016, 08:52 AM   #1

Love this site

Hi from Northern BC I've just bought my second school bus I bought and lived in my first one from 96-2000. ICBC regulations were quit lax then it seemed cause I fixed it up very rusticly extended the back bumper to fit 2 40lb propane tanks never got stopped even traveling to the USA had a wood stove for heat a porti pot and chop wood carry water routine my new to me bus I've found out after the fact (yup I shoulda checked first) will need to be done a whole lot better but I still want to get away without blackwater tanks etc in the winter I'll be snowed in so impossible to empty tanks at least very hard I have limited skill to wire and plum that way anyway
In the big picture my retirement home on wheels feeds the gypsy in me and I have always loved the freedom of a home on wheels.

Bluebird1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 10:38 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Welcome to Skoolie.net from a fellow Northern BC skoolie owner.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
Tootalltechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 12:23 PM   #3

Thanks I'm not renovating for a year I think so am looking forward to lots of info on what people have done to their buses my bus is pretty rusty underneath but it's got a brigadier diesel motor with 258000 klms so I've got a lot to work with fist time ever driving a diesel aand was quite surprised at the power it has especially going up hills my previous gas bus slowed down to about 5 klms per hr going up steep hills it's really nice to know there's so many people getting buses for conversions
Bluebird1998 is offline   Reply With Quote