Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2018, 09:20 PM   #1

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas Vista
Chassis: International 3600
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 78 passenger HC
Meet Hank the Bus

Hey everyone. Hel---is this mic on? Oh, ok.

I wanted to introduce myself, Mark, and my bus, Hank.

I'm a Midwestern-born dude that built a tiny house on wheels. This June will mark two years living a simpler lifestyle. I've been sort of "migrating" rather than full time traveling in my tiny house. My tiny house was the beginning of my quarter-life crisis. I still haven't left that stage, so I bought a bus!

Hank is a 1998 International Vista T444E. It is sort of a hybrid of a flat-nose and a dog-nose bus. This was to decrease blind spots when making turns & loading persons. Some find this model to be ugly, but Hank doesn't mind since people noses vary in their differences as well. Hank's handicapped capacities have made for a higher roof and no wheel wells.

Hank has spent his whole life in Central Florida and is being converted not much further away. After not getting out for a jog in awhile, he collapsed on the side of the highway on the trek home. Fortunately, only an alternator and not too bad of a fix.

Now we're home and Hank is seat-less. Mark is covered in dirt and grime.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1055.jpg   IMG_1189.JPG  

marrrrrrrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 10:39 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1997
Coachwork: International
Chassis: 3000RE
Engine: T444E w/ MT643
Rated Cap: 84 pass, 40'
Quote:
Originally Posted by marrrrrrrk View Post
Hey everyone. Hel---is this mic on? Oh, ok.

I wanted to introduce myself, Mark, and my bus, Hank.

I'm a Midwestern-born dude that built a tiny house on wheels. This June will mark two years living a simpler lifestyle. I've been sort of "migrating" rather than full time traveling in my tiny house. My tiny house was the beginning of my quarter-life crisis. I still haven't left that stage, so I bought a bus!

Hank is a 1998 International Vista T444E. It is sort of a hybrid of a flat-nose and a dog-nose bus. This was to decrease blind spots when making turns & loading persons. Some find this model to be ugly, but Hank doesn't mind since people noses vary in their differences as well. Hank's handicapped capacities have made for a higher roof and no wheel wells.

Hank has spent his whole life in Central Florida and is being converted not much further away. After not getting out for a jog in awhile, he collapsed on the side of the highway on the trek home. Fortunately, only an alternator and not too bad of a fix.

Now we're home and Hank is seat-less. Mark is covered in dirt and grime.
Hi Mark! I just got Mobi home from Oregon. Mobi came seatless and mostly ceiling and wall-less so I started today on using a flap wheel on my angle grinder and getting the loose rust off the floor. Then I vacuumed and I was filthy when I came in. Although wearing a baseball cap, face mask and safety googles meant it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

I also had difficulties on the trip home with my son as my chase vehicle. 360 miles took 3 days, one new battery, one new fuel filter, some fuel conditioner, cleaning out the filter bowl and flushing the drain line, and a LOT of time hanging out in parking lots, and three visits and a couple of calls to the International dealer where they now know me as "the crazy bus lady."

I'm pretty sure my glow plugs are mostly or all dead, but he started instantly after spending the night on the engine block heater plugged into my house.

He's got auto chains and sanders but doesn't like cold!?!?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk