Longtime lurker, first time poster! I have a 2003 Bluebird 36' bus in my life that I've just started to convert (deconstruct). I'd had enough of the 9-5 office grind and impulsively (the only way I do big important things, I think) put in notice with no landing plans and will be hitting the road indefinitely as soon as my build allows! I started up a website to chronicle my adventures, but it's slow-goin' while I'm still working fulltime.
The current (very simplified) plan is:
* Finish up work at my full-time job on May 31
* Cash out the retirement I've accrued as needed for the build (about 20k after taxes)
* Deck out this bus with solar, rooftop deck, lofted bedroom, and a water tank big enough to fill a hot bath.
* Live and roam full-time indefinitely!
I have lots of questions to ask, but I'll probably post those on other threads as things move along... but I will also post what's on my mind now in case y'all have the desire and knowhow to answer
- What do you recommend I do BEFORE I'm done with work (and still have private insurance, mostly) to prepare for bus life? I've already scheduled myself for a permanent birth control surgery so I don't have to worry about that. I'm on psychological meds (antidepressants, ADHD) that I will have to figure out anyway.
- Skoolers with cats: How do you organize your litter boxes? Do you give cats outside time? Anyone with those fun little window boxes I've seen posted here and there?
That's all for now! Thanks for being a great community
Check out my website at www.KathrynAnthropy.com