Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2021, 08:38 AM   #1

Question My oh My...Help!

Hello Everyone! My name is Alice and I'm a hopeful future skoolie owner. I'm currently a senior in high school entering my freshman college year in the fall. I plan to work up my skoolie bus price and conversion money over the course of the next half decade or so. I also plan to become a traveling nurse using my skoolie to live and get around in. I have been researching different things within getting and converting one, but I'm still pretty lost. I know there is a lot of great information on this site, but is there anything anyone would like to give me a tip on right off the bat to start with? I'll be asking plenty of questions, but I'm still attempting to get my bearings on this site. The main thing I'm worried about right now is WHICH BUS TYPE TO BUY??? And engines??? Oh my

Anyway, Thanks for the read!

AliceTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 08:47 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Find a bus from 2003 or earlier; with a DT466, T444, CAT 3126, Cummins 5.9 or Cummins 8.3 engine; and any transmission other than an AT545. And NO RUST. Meet these conditions and nobody on this site will find fault with your purchase.

Edit: except for one guy here who will probably tell you to buy a used RV instead.
Old 04-05-2021, 09:31 AM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 2013
Chassis: IC RE
Engine: HT570 / 3500SP
Rated Cap: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by musigenesis View Post
... Meet these conditions and nobody on this site will find fault with your purchase.
That's not the most important thing. Take advices, listen to the recommandations, and do as you want!

That being said ... You really should avoid too much rust.
ABBus is offline   Reply With Quote