Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2020, 01:22 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Talking New and enamored

Hey everyone, my name is Will and I recently stumbled upon "skoolie" culture. A few months ago I saw one in our wal-mart parking lot and thought "omg, those people are living my best life". But beyond that I had no frame of reference or knowledge about how or what or anything.

So later on, I find out that skoolies are a thing and realize that's probably the life they were living and well, the wife and I are 100% on board. We've always felt restless and not SUPER interested in being in one place for very long. We've moved 7 or 8 times in 11 years so far and are real antsy to leave Wisconsin again.

Currently we're looking at buses and soaking up as much information as possible. My understanding so far is 2003 or older, and no AT545, but beyond that I'm still 100% in the dark. From what I've seen though I'd love to find an 8 or 9 window + lift size of bus, I've seen them listed as 61 passenger.

Anyways, I'll be hanging around, lurking, reading, and trying to find that sweet deal in the sky that's got the right combination of motor, transmission, lack of rust, low price, and well, anything else that's optimal... hahaha.

WillGotMarried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 09:02 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Just found this bus for sale on public surplus and it seems good.

https://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/au...ew?auc=2577972

Can anyone let me know if I'm missing anything?
WillGotMarried is offline   Reply With Quote