Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2022, 09:15 AM   #1

New and need help

Hey everyone . Getting a little lost in information on different buses . I’m going to go look at a 2006 International CE300 RV titled. Empty ready for a build. Has DT466 EGR only no other emissions. Allison 2000 transmission. It has 153k mikes on it . Just want any info off hand on what I should or shouldn’t know about this bus . Do I run from it or is 5k a good price ?! Any information is appreciated. Thank you

M.Reddie.123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 11:29 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 2004
Coachwork: IC
Chassis: CE200
Engine: T444e
Rated Cap: 27,500
Where is the bus? Where did it spend most of it's in-service life?

If it's in the rust belt you'd need to know how rusty it is before you make a decision. If, for instance, it's in Arizona or California then rust probably wouldn't be a concern. If it's a rust bucket then the drive train doesn't matter, walk away.
Oldyeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 01:48 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 2006
Chassis: IC CE300 (PB105)
Engine: DT466e @245hp | Allison 3000PTS
Rated Cap: 66
I've got 2 of that same bus in my fleet, and one more party bus plus my Tslabus conversion that's same age and motor, only difference is the bigger 3000 transmission. Overall pretty decent and $5k is probably an average price if it's in good shape, no major rust, no oil leaks. Ask for maintenance records and see what's been replaced recently. Your biggest repair jobs are going to be injectors, turbo, high pressure oil pump, and air compressor. The more of those that have been done recently the better. Oh, and tires. Don't look just at tread, look at date stamp and for sidewall damage.

If you have the Vin, you can get the full build sheet from repairlinkshop.com, or post it here and someone can run it for you.
https://youtube.com/@thetslabus
Dbacks2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote