Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2021, 06:35 AM   #321
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
I sure wish Bansil were still here. He'd get a good chuckle out of this thread.

EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 08:28 AM   #322
Bus Crazy

Coachwork: Integrated Coach Corp.
Chassis: RE-300 42ft
Engine: 466ci
Rated Cap: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by bansil View Post
read and abide by the sites rules, they are posted to help everyone understand and enjoy using this wealth of knowledge known as Skoolie.net

In the realm that is our world or at least a perceived world; there seems to be a lot of hate, disrespect and general meanness that is messing with everyone's mojo

Just because it seems like the media has turned to applying race and hatred to everything, it will not be accepted on this site...period.

Do not talk derogatorily/mean/hurtful about any person, religion or values

On this site we are about BUSES; we are not about

1)what color you are
2)what race you
3)what your sexual or partnerships are
4)what religion you follow

None of that matters; do not come on here and personally attack any member about anything, unless it's bus related (I jest)

Hey Bansil you were stupid and dumb to buy that RE bus = bad and is bashing

Hey Bansil you would of been better off, buying a FE because.... =good criticism

Can you tell the difference?????

If not reread the rules and read this sticky here:

https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f9/pl...nse-10896.html

IF you have nothing nice to say...don't say it, it will make your blood pressure lower and it will not offend fellow builders

Lately there has been alot of bashing of the Jewish faith around the world, people grow up and if you don't like what has been said find another forum to to beotch about it on, we will not accept it here

Same with Muslims; Muslims as a whole are good people, find somewhere else to complain

The whole Black on White or White on black, or brown on red...people leave it elsewhere and stick to Yellow chrome number 5 or whatever it is

The language also, this is a family site so the site has good filters in place for most words, and society has down played certain words, phrases and such to be common place...us old farts are still offended at some of them

Also there has been some concerns about using the search feature, yes it isn't the best feature, so use google to search with

AND PLEASE AT LEAST READ THE FIRST PAGE OR TWO BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION,

if really makes it hard to respond when there are 2 or 3 same topics at the same time

(disclaimer: I am not a hippy, and have no bad feelings toward any I know or will meet, smile people and enjoy life and family)

Yes, ECCB. I miss him, too. And his eye for BS.

Many of our new members have not read (or do not apply) the rules assembled by our site team. Some of our veteran members may have forgotten as well.
DeMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 08:38 AM   #323
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMac View Post
Yes, ECCB. I miss him, too. And his eye for BS.

Many of our new members have not read (or do not apply) the rules assembled by our site team. Some of our veteran members may have forgotten as well.
I heard from him last year. He called me up randomly one day. Love that guy.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 08:38 AM   #324

Hello all

Hey, hi from Toronto Ontario!

I just bought a GMC Savana 3500 shortie. It's got 267,000 kms on it. Automatic, gas.

It's been decommissioned, seats are all out (save for two passengers), and the rest is ready for my next adventure.

Still in the process of assessing for insurance to get motor home status, so that the ministry of transport will ok my type change from bus to MH.

I'd like to move slowly, so as not to spend a lot on anything locked down, which will change as the interior design evolves.

Short term, wondering if it's a wise move to travel to Central Quebec this winter, as I just found out that my CAA coverage on my other vehicle doesn't apply to anything formerly known as a bus.

Anyone have ideas or experience on getting a roadside assistance plan for a shortie?
3rd Act is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 08:43 AM   #325

Hi Darrell,

I've also got a GMC 3500. Looking forward to hearing about your insulation adventure. I almost touch the roof inside now, so wondering how to add insulation. Are you thinking about going under the bus, to insulate the undercarriage? I am getting some info on that route. Wondering what areas can be safely done down there?
3rd Act is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 03:09 AM   #326

This is my first reply or even post, how do you make a thread? Trying to get started on information on registration needed for NH and a 2007 3500. Currently seats are removed but that's all.
Jp 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 07:10 AM   #327
Bus Geek

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp 95 View Post
This is my first reply or even post, how do you make a thread? Trying to get started on information on registration needed for NH and a 2007 3500. Currently seats are removed but that's all.
Click the FORUM button up at the top, then click on the most appropriate forum for your post, then click on the "New Thread" button (or find an appropriate existing thread and post your question to that).
Old 02-04-2022, 10:37 AM   #328
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: IC / Amtran
Chassis: CE300
Engine: International T444e
Rated Cap: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieGmail View Post
Yes this is the nice platform for discussion

Another member of the Gmail Family! Make sure to tell Mila I said hello!
Will the robo-stork be making a delivery any time soon?

Our Build: Mr. Beefy
TheHubbardBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 02:26 PM   #329

Want a bus / want to learn in Rhode Island

Hi everyone, I am trying to figure out how to learn everything I need to know in order to feel confident buying a bus to live in. I live in Rhode Island and am wondering if anyone in the area (RI, CT, MA) would take me on as an apprentice on an ongoing project so I can start learning quickly.

or maybe there’s a bus club I can join?

Maybe that sounds crazy, I don’t know, but watching youtube videos is not helping me much.
apeitsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 02:43 PM   #330
Bus Crazy

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Thomas 4 window w/lift
Chassis: G30~Chevy cutaway
Engine: 5.7/350 Chevy Vortec
Rated Cap: Just me and my "stuff"?
Welcome to the site.
There was someone else from RI on here within the past year.

Are you looking for a bus that is already converted, or are you planning a build yourself?
There is a guy in AZ, (or NM or both), on here that has land he offered up to let someone build a bus on.
Nothing really in the northeast, unless you get lucky.

Keep researching on here, as most conversion topics are addressed/covered.
Good luck, and post pics if you get into the hobby...
peteg59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 10:04 AM   #331
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2000
Chassis: 85505
Engine: Cat 3126B 210 hp Allison mt643 transmission
Rated Cap: 78 passengers
Finally got one

Finally got a bus for my family and I. A 2000 thomas saf t liner mvp er. Thankfully the seats were already removed now just working on it as a family to get it paperwork done, mechanically running better (just a bad starter solenoid and light bulbs lol) and remodeled for a family of 5. Then hitting the road for some family adventures while homeschooling
Justinb.jackson903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 04:07 PM   #332
Bus Nut

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Our hot little grubbies...
Chassis: Ford CF8000 ExpeditionVehicle
Engine: Cummins 505ci mechanical
Rated Cap: Five Heelers
My Dear Moderators,
How about if my post is helpful and benign, but my tag-line attached to each of my posts says something along the lines of:
* "All Russian politicians are benevolent Wonders Of The Universe, but anybody in areas around them are nincompoops and should be exorcised by a twenty foot python and twice on Sunday! In h, e, double tooth-picks! Rot on!"
Would this be cause for all my posts containing such grossly offensive verbiage to be deleted with prejudice (aka 'no cause for appeal')?
LargeMargeInBaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 07:35 PM   #333
Mini-Skoolie

Yes of course
B1GF00T.III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 07:40 PM   #334
Mini-Skoolie

Not a hippie join to help an old friend of mine work on the ac on his bus . Gonna ask a lot of questions and I have big boy pants
B1GF00T.III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 10:34 AM   #335
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2009
Hi Everyone! I am very new to this site! I can't figure out how to post a question. Where do I create a question forum?
BusBae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 10:47 AM   #336
Bus Nut

Year: 1990
Chassis: Crown Supercoach
Engine: Detroit 6-71TA, 10 sp.
Rated Cap: 90 (40')
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusBae View Post
Hi Everyone! I am very new to this site! I can't figure out how to post a question. Where do I create a question forum?
Welcome!

Click on FORUM, click on the category that you think makes sense for your question, and then click the "New Thread" button.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	8
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	64785
Be aware that there are some restrictions on new members until you have a handful of posts, so if it seems like things aren't working properly that may be the cause.
Tejon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 10:22 PM   #337

Hello or as I like to say, "What's crackin'"

I go by Hobo cause I am one. 20 plus years as a civilian, wandering around and working this country. From selling Harley's to making headstones. My gal goes by Boo. I met her 13 years ago in Memphis and have shown her the deserts, mountains and oceans.

We're...nope...I'm getting old and put enough in my bindle to buy a bus...so I did. What have I done!?! I'm in jeopardy of not only losing my hobo credentials for riding in such style but also my mind in taking on this project.

Let's see, I got a 1983 bluebird with a turbo diesel. It was a river rafter hauler for tourists. It was serviced every 2000 miles and inspected every year. I paid 1500 clams and it runs righteous..so far.

I know some stuff about building, solar and blah blah, but nothing about that huge hamster wheel under the hood. So, any and all advice is welcomed.

I'm learning this forum doohickey thing slowly but learn I will.

Thanks in advance for wit and wisdom.
Sincerely
Hobo Timmy
Bahubachuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 07:55 AM   #338
Bus Nut

Year: 2001
Engine: 3126b 210hp
Rated Cap: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahubachuck View Post
What have I done!?!

I'm learning this forum doohickey thing slowly but learn I will.

Thanks in advance for wit and wisdom.
Sincerely
Hobo Timmy

Welcome! You can post pics after you have made 5 posts, I think.

Start another thread. Tell us about your plans and whereabouts you are building, and soon you will be able to send pics. We like pics!!

Maybe you’re moving up from hobo to gypsy!

[emoji3522]Dave
Meathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 08:06 AM   #339

Thank you for this site, I am finding a lot of helpful information.
Rudyroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 03:15 PM   #340

New here

Hi I’m just looking for some. information thinking about buying a school bus and converting into an RV I am in New Jersey here it’s very hard to register it here. In New Jersey
Roy7066 is offline   Reply With Quote