Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2021, 01:17 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

New bus! Looking for literature!

Hi y'all!

Not exactly new to this, but definitely new to this site! I've been told I have a profile I can fill out, and I can't find where the hell that is! I'm on mobile, I'm sure that isn't helping.

Anyway, I recently picked up a 95 Thomas Saf-T-Liner with a 3126 cat! I'm looking for manuals for it, if any of y'all have any.

Specifically, engine manuals, and I'd love to find a Thomas operator's manual or some such. Wiring diagrams would also be amazing!

I like to have the information in hardcopy on the rig it pertains to, for the sake of saving asses. Or at least having a reference of how screwed we are.

So far I have found a couple things for the trani, and nothing else that's affordable or matches my rig.

Frankly I think that maintenance info and the like should be freely available with the machine it pertains to.

I am currently able to trade the operator's manual for the MD3060, and the 1998 WTEC 2 controls troubleshooting manual. I'm 100% totally sure these are absolutely hot commodities, and have saved the files multiple times in anticipation of y'all busting down my digital doors for them.

I'm good with a wrench, not a computer, plz halp

Cheezewhiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 01:29 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC2000, 40' MPV
Engine: 5.9 Cummins/B300 trans
Rated Cap: U/K
You're going to need a computer or laptop to access all the user stuff on this site.
With regards to your 3126 CAT, there's a forum called WOG, Wanderlodge Owners Group, that has entire sub forums devoted to cat diesels. They're really popular in Wanderlodges

https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php
Rwnielsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 02:40 AM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Ah bugger on the full-size situation.

Also thank you! Will go digging there
Old 03-29-2021, 08:20 AM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
I thoiught the 3126 didnt come along till like 97 or 98.. in 95 wouldnt it be the mechanical 3116? the MD3060 was around in 95 but the most likely transmission with a 3116 was an MT643 in the higher horsepower versions..

if the bus has a 3126 the year may be off in the listing?

do you have an electronic shifter? (either a keypad or T-handle with digit display) or do you have a Mechanical Shifter (R-N-D-3-2-1)?
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 01:34 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Ah, you're right! It is a 3116! Not sure where I got that confused...

And the dataplate on the trani says MD3060 world transmission. It's got the digital push button shifter, the nicer one that you can read codes from