Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2021, 03:56 PM   #1

Year: 2014
Coachwork: International
Chassis: BE200
New from across the pond

Hi guys, I am a little new here. I took possession of my little skoolie in December 2020. I was due to visit Colorado last year but as this was cancelled I thought I would bring a school bus to England (UK). There are only a couple in this country, it will be great but I am really struggling with getting parts as no one wants to ship bits to us.

Unfortunately we didn’t get to see the bus, so brought it a bit blind so there are several bits we don’t know about and lots of things that don’t work. We have air?. canisters underneath that we don’t know what they go to as it has hydraulic brakes a brake cable that is snapped, we did wonder why it wouldn’t hold it had been sitting for 2 years before we brought it and the salt of New York has eaten quite well into the chassis.
The bus company was supposed to put a set of manuals in the bus but these mysteriously went missing. This makes finding out what all the bits do a bit tricky.
We will get there with it eventually and have fun along the way. But some days I just want to .

For reading

Steph3910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 04:08 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Thomas 4 window w/lift
Chassis: G30~Chevy cutaway
Engine: 5.7/350 Chevy Vortec
Rated Cap: Just me and my "stuff"?
Welcome to the site Steph3910.

Your bus is relatively new, compared to what the majority of most of us Skoolies are using.
That shouldn't deter you, as the bus should have a few good years left in it if you treat it kindly!

The rust is a genuine concern, and should be closely evaluated before you jump in full throttle with your hard earned money.

We here in the states take for granted the relative ease of acquiring "bits", simply because most are assembled here.

If you research the threads on this site you should get good pointers on the different "systems" that make up a Skoolie.

In the short term, hopefully someone can get you started with info you're searching out.

If you know, what engine and transmission combo is your bus equipped with?

Anyhoo, good luck with your new project and post up pics if you can...
peteg59 is offline   Reply With Quote