Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-04-2017, 04:05 PM   #1

New From Indy

Hi all, just making my introduction, I'm Justin, my wife is Marilyn, we have no kids just dogs. We're from Brownsburg, Indiana just west of Indianapolis. Close enough to the Indy 500 if the wind blows right we can hear them, and even closer to the US Nationals to hear the big boys clearly. Haven't bought a bus as of yet, but doing the research to prepare for the purchase and conversation.

Really looking to build something that we can use to travel with our dogs to see family and friends or hit one of our state parks or towing our Jeep to a Jeep Jamboree.

If you live in the area I'd enjoy meeting for a beer or coffee. It seems to me that I live in an area that doesn't have much of a skoolie following. So, hit me up.

Thanks
Justin

JayMac71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 05:51 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: AARE
Engine: 3116 Cat 250hp
Rated Cap: Just the two of us.
I'm a couple hours north.
somewhereinusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 06:52 PM   #3
Skoolie

Year: 2003
Chassis: IC CE
Engine: T444
im in illinois, and there is a following...we just leave cause its far to cold lol. im waiting on my plates and to earn enough money to pay off my CC and get a bit in savings.
Azuleslight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 07:53 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Welcome,,
I am from French Lick,, will be building a RE 40 ft bus when I return, I am in Bagram Afghanistan now till Nov. I have been looking at MacAllister transportation in Indy for my bus,, looks like the best place to pick one up and have heard good things about them.
READ,, I have been lurking here for a while,, Very helpful great information here!!!! USE THIS SITE !!!!
Darrell
madapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 08:02 PM   #5
Bus Nut

Year: 1984
Engine: 366 Big block Chevy! :) w/ Stick shift
Welcome, glad you are here. Fur kids sure seem to love the Skoolies, i know the gal i travel with sure does; cat door so she can come and go as she pleases, a giant bus to sit underneath and watch the world from, and windows, tons of windows fo everyone! lol
Carytowncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 08:28 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhereinusa View Post
I'm a couple hours north.
Yeah I know Anderson. We'll have to meeting some time.
Old 01-04-2017, 08:45 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuleslight View Post
im in illinois, and there is a following...we just leave cause its far to cold lol. im waiting on my plates and to earn enough money to pay off my CC and get a bit in savings.
I have a business that I manage in Crest Hill, I'll let you know when I take my net trip.
Old 01-04-2017, 08:53 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by madapple View Post
Welcome,,
I am from French Lick,, will be building a RE 40 ft bus when I return, I am in Bagram Afghanistan now till Nov. I have been looking at MacAllister transportation in Indy for my bus,, looks like the best place to pick one up and have heard good things about them.
READ,, I have been lurking here for a while,, Very helpful great information here!!!! USE THIS SITE !!!!
Darrell
Very cool, thanks. Indianapolis definitely isn't short on older buses. Living here my entire life and playing with older cars, trucks, and Jeeps has taught me to go south out of the salt to buy. Maybe, just maybe a southern bus will show up in one of the many resellers around the area. If not I have friends down south that can help. Good luck till Nov and come home safe, once the build starts let me know.
Old 01-04-2017, 09:01 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carytowncat View Post
Welcome, glad you are here. Fur kids sure seem to love the Skoolies, i know the gal i travel with sure does; cat door so she can come and go as she pleases, a giant bus to sit underneath and watch the world from, and windows, tons of windows fo everyone! lol
Thanks. Traveling with the Dogs is most important to Mama. The car really fills up when you add 300 pounds in dogs fighting for the window seat, and of course there's only one that has the best smells. We are looking forward to the opportunities that a bus can afford us.