Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2015, 04:53 PM   #1

New from Phoenix, AZ.

My name is Phil, i am from Phoenix, AZ and i am married with 3 kids (Chaos-8 Mobius-7 and Zen-18 months). I have been in the transportation field for twenty years but recently went back to school and got my bachelors degree in Psychology and now work with the mentally ill. Less money, more job happiness. I've driven eery tow truck imaginable and every car carrier out there. So after my trip to Burning man this year, i was on the way home and i was rear-ended by a drowsy driver doing 90 MPH in my Old dodge motorhome. He hit me in a Haul which then rolled over. Luckily only i was hurt and my wife and 18 Month old child were relatively unharmed. Anyway, that has forced me to set down the road of finding a bus (which i wanted to do previously anyway). This motorhome came apart when hit and honestly in all my years of driving, i am shocked that nobody died. Anyway, i am searching for a used flat nose bus (72+ passenger) that i can convert to a mobile getaway. I have been reading here and gathering all my info before i start seriously shopping.

I will likely be asking some redundant questions after searching and hopefully you guys and gals can help give me some advice based on your experiences. Good to be here. With 3 kids and 4 project vehicles, i seldom have much time to hang out online but i do my best. Thanks!

Phil

Bodyworx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 05:53 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
Howdy Guys & Gals...and Welcome! --- Glad to hear you all survived a crumbling sticks & staple rig. Most folks don't. And yeah...a bus is a way better way to go. Start by reading as many Build Threads as you can cram in and you'll start to get a picture of what should work for you. Begin with what your expectations are and direct your energies (and funds) to that end. Lots and lots of different opinions and theories here which is fine since there is no one "right way" to build a rig for yourself except to study what others have done, then take what works for you and run with it.

Again, Welcome.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 06:21 PM   #3

Thanks a bunch. I seem to be getting some different info depending on what site I stalk. I'll keep watching and following the builds. Thanks again!
Bodyworx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 10:34 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodyworx View Post
I seem to be getting some different info depending on what site I stalk.
Yeah this is true on all forums, find the one with the most like minded people. sure you can get into some filter bubble/group think issues but by in large you will find what you are looking for.
CaptainInsaneo is offline   Reply With Quote