Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2019, 07:18 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

New from west TN

I wanted to take a minute and introduce myself as I am new to the forum.
My name is Mike and my wife's name is Laura.

The wife and I are currently in the "how can we make this happen" phase of my wild hair idea to sell everything we have and buy a bus. Myself, when I was growing up, you could say my mom and dad were born under a wandering star. When I got out of school for spring break, we hitched up the camper and I was pretty much gone all summer. I have been in every state in the US at least twice. I have seen a lot of the sights, smelled the fresh air, and tasted the water. Due to mine and my wife's work schedule, we could not travel like I wanted and my wife has not been west of the Mississippi. I think I owe it to her to show her some of the stuff I have seen while we still have most of our health and to be honest I miss it.

I am sure I am going to have a lot of questions, and from what I have seen and heard, I am sure I am going to find a lot of people on this forum willing and wanting to help.

I would like to give a shout out if I may to some people who have already helped and do not realize it. I would also like to give a shout out to you as I will probably be cussing you later after we get the bus and start working on it.
These are not in any particular order.
First shout out goes to Off Grid Skoolie. I think this is one of the first videos I watched. Love the how to videos and helpful tips!
Next shout out Living Big In a Tiny House - I love your design and will probably will steal over half of them for my bus.
Tiny Home Tours - for all the great videos and inspiration.
Transcend Existence - I love your roof raise. Awesome job! This is how I will be doing it.

Again, we are just in the research and preliminary stages. It is my goal to be on the road in three years...four tops.
The first thing I have to do is sell my M923a2 5-ton and buy a bus.

See ya on the road!

imkzrudob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 08:19 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E 7.3L
Welcome to the site!
Johnny Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote