Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2018, 06:09 PM   #1

New Guy

Hello to all of you. My name is Chris and I run a nonprofit organization out of Yukon Oklahoma called the Betes Bros Foundation, hence the username. Our organization works with people with type 1 diabetes across the world.

The reason behind joining here. We began looking into doing a home office, the costs began adding up quickly. Between rent, utilities, and other mo thly costs, I wasn’t comfortbale using donations in that manner. We are very active in the community and want to be respectful of the donations they give us. With the traveling we are beginning to do, we estimated the cost of air fare and hotels as well. This lead us to looking into a tiny house. We were ready to go with that unitl we realized a new truck was necessary to pull it. Once again a budget concern came about. So finally we came across Youtube Videos of guys like MetaSpencer which lead us here.

We are in the process of raising the funds to begin our project. Building a skoolie will allow us many things.

1. Mobile office
2. Mobile studio for our video projects
3. Limit monthly and recurring overhead
4. The ability to meet people in the diabetes community on trips to events. Being able to stop in remote areas some of the other organizations don’t have a chance to visit.
5. Eliminates the need for hotels and airfare.
6. Raising more awareness for type 1 diabetes through of brand advertising on the outside of the Skoolie.

We can’t wait to begin this process. As it gets officially underway, you can follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube @thebetesbros. We will also add updates on our website to thebetesbros.org. Thank you guys for any help we may receive in the future. I’m sure there will be numerous questions to come.

Chris

BetesBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 07:08 PM   #2
Skoolie

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC RE
Engine: 8.3L
Welcome. This forum is an amazing wealth of information and opinions. I invite fellow members to google betesbros and take a few minutes to see what they are up to. Perhaps you know some one who knows somebody that can also lend a hand in some way. Chris, your organization is small, but has the right direction. I have a niece with T1D and have been supporting her through JDRF. Will follow you on FB. Keep us posted in ways that we can help.
Old 05-06-2018, 07:13 PM   #3

Appreciate it very much! Have meetings and phone calls over the next couple of weeks to start the whole process. I do have some building experience, but this will be a new venture. Definitely will be active more once this process gets underway. Your niece would probably enjoy our sister group @thebetesbabes. If she ever needs help, don’t hesitate to reach out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav View Post
Welcome. This forum is an amazing wealth of information and opinions. I invite fellow members to google betesbros and take a few minutes to see what they are up to. Perhaps you know some one who knows somebody that can also lend a hand in some way. Chris, your organization is small, but has the right direction. I have a niece with T1D and have been supporting her through JDRF. Will follow you on FB. Keep us posted in ways that we can help.
BetesBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 07:22 PM   #4
Skoolie

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC RE
Engine: 8.3L
Email going her way tonight.