Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2018, 10:49 AM   #1

New guy from across the pond

Hi there
I am Andre, 41yo, right now living in Hamburg/Germany (yet), married to the best wife in the world and father of two wonderful kids.

A German album promotion / Instagram whatever / hippsteresque IKEA ad cloaked into a wannabe travel documentation on Netflix called "Pursuit Of Happiness" brought my attention to the whole skoolie thing and I love it! Well, the skoolie thing of course.

Right now I have my own business in the German performance and motorsports industry. But my wife and I are already developing a location independent business and already downsized our lifestyle. We sold our house and rented an appartment of a little more than 900 sq ft. My - from a German point of view - huge Ram 3500 with 5.9 24V Cummins and long bed has been replaced by a small VW Golf with 1.4l engine and 75hp.

Coming from the digital nomads field we all of a sudden fell in love with the skoolie idea! Our plan is to buy and convert a school bus as a full time home and to travel the US then Canada including Alaska and aaaaall the way down to southern Chile.

I am glad to have found this awesome forum and I already LOVE the whole skoolie scene and its nice and laid back members!

Cheers from ze German across the pond!

Old 05-02-2018, 01:02 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Hello and welcome!
We love Germans and German stuff... I'm especially partial to Kolsch beer!

If you ever find yourself in FL, hit me up and I'll grill you a hell of a steak.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 01:44 PM   #3

I will definitely do Promised!
Our kids are begging us to do a cruise just once. Please, please pleeeaaase! So we will attend a redestination cruise from Barcelona/ES to Miami/FL first. Yeah I know foot prints etc. But they are begging since years and a redestination cruise costs a fraction of a normal tour.

So the plan is to step onto US ground in Florida and the optimum would be to buy and convert a bus there. Lets see...
Old 05-02-2018, 02:50 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDad View Post
I will definitely do Promised!
Our kids are begging us to do a cruise just once. Please, please pleeeaaase! So we will attend a redestination cruise from Barcelona/ES to Miami/FL first. Yeah I know foot prints etc. But they are begging since years and a redestination cruise costs a fraction of a normal tour.

So the plan is to step onto US ground in Florida and the optimum would be to buy and convert a bus there. Lets see...
FL does make an optimum place for bus conversion.

I went on a cruise to the Bahamas a few years ago. Had a blast.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 08:25 PM   #5
Bus Nut

Year: 2010
Coachwork: IC
Engine: MF DT466
Rated Cap: 81
Welcome to the board. Get a bus and start building.
Miles O Roads is offline   Reply With Quote