Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-20-2017, 09:31 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1982
Coachwork: Ward
Chassis: Ford E350
Rated Cap: 16
new member from Munich, Germany

Hello all,

Just joined a few days ago and started reading. Will take many more days to get an overview...

I live in Munich, Germany but the Skoolie I will build is on the West Coast. It is a Cutaway, so a lot of compromises will have to be made, but it will need to be my little home for only some days every couple of weeks or months.

Doing a lot of thinking about the floor plan, not a tons of options in a small bus, but still. Specifically start to think how I can make the door for the wheel chair lift anything positive.

Horst
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5145.JPG  

Horst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 10:08 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
Welcome Horst

You've come to the right place. There's a number of people here that have crammed an amazing amount of house into a shorty or cutaway bus.

That lift door is a big help when putting something large into your bus. The rubber seal can be replaced if it's leaking. Just try carrying a wood stove through the service door.

You've already got your bus, so where is the transformation going to take place?
Old 12-20-2017, 03:33 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1982
Coachwork: Ward
Chassis: Ford E350
Rated Cap: 16
That lift door would take away a lot of space if I would use it as a regular second door. I am still thinking about a clever way of using it instead of just making sure it is sealing tight and forgetting about it. I have not seen any other builds using such a door smartly but I will keep reading.

The build itself will happen where the bus sits now, Central Coast of CA...
Horst is offline   Reply With Quote