Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2023, 10:42 AM   #1

New Member says "HELLO"

Hello all,

I'm very happy to have found this forum. I'm here to get ideas and advise as I move forward with my retirement plans..

I'm 65 and on SS and in Jan 2024 I'm going back to work as a police dispatcher to save money so I can live my dream of buying a bus, converting it, and buy some land and living out the rest of my life.

I want to be off grid in my bus and on an acre or so with my three cats and two dogs..

I don't plan on driving anywhere YET. I'm already freaking my son out by wanting to live in a 40' bus.

I'm still in the planning stage..

This seem like it will be an amazing forum.

I'm on my own doing this and super excited. My husband rented him a little apartment a couple years ago. He thinks I have lost my mind too. I own my own home so I'm lucky in the aspect that I have SS check to live on while I work and save my money to make my dreams come true.

Thank you all for just inspiring me to be MORE than I am. Just because you're 65 doesn't mean you have to sit and do nothing and let the next 20 years just pass by. I have an excitement in my bones I haven't felt for years. I feel like my life is waiting for me to take it by the horns..

I'll prob have a lot of questions as I progress in my plans.

I plan on putting my bus on a permanent foundation. As high as lumber costs right now, this seems like a perfect solution for me to achieve my goals.

This is Eli the Australian shepherd and Molly the old chihuahua girl..

Cheers everyone!
Jenn

Jenn65 is offline   Reply With Quote