Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2021, 04:34 PM   #21
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: International
Chassis: Amtrans
Engine: 444E
Rated Cap: 84 pas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratpuns View Post
Hey, thanks so much for the reply. I'm in east texas, and I will definitely fill out all the information on the UserCP as soon as I know more. I still have to actually assess the condition of the bus, and have my dad help with that. We are hoping to work on it a little bit tomorrow.
Basically, the last time he ran it, he ran out of diesel, and that's a very big no-no from what I've heard... But he is still confident that he can get it back up and running. He's not sure if it needs a completely new battery yet, but hopefully he can get cheaper access to them because he works at a dealership. That's how he got the previous battery, if I'm not mistaken. As far as any kind of budget, I really only have a little less than 10k saved to my name, so hopefully that could cover any kind of repairs it needs for now... I will ask my dad about getting tires through his work, but he says new tires would run me about $6,000? The number seems a bit inflated, but again, what do I know, haha.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply, and your help is greatly appreciated!
Good quality new tires should ru. About $350.00 per tire. If it has been sitting g for a long time it needs new tires for sure. Top brand new tires can run 600+ per tire, but good quality, all position tires will be more than sufficient.
Recaps can be ok for drive tires but do have thier drawbacks.
Never put recaps on you steer wheels.

Rock-N-Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 04:34 AM   #22

Year: 1958
Chassis: Carpenter CorsAir - GMC
Engine: 366v8 Gas
Rated Cap: 40 kids+/- Is that THE ?
Newest Newbie - How to post photos like you did?

I'm even "newer than you on this website" - how were you able to post tire images in post? Larry - N. Ga. w/ 1958 Carpenter/GMC Corsair Bus-RV....366v8 Gas w/ 5-Spd. Spicer manual trans. (no 2-spd. rear end...). I need help w/ my 1-Circuit Air brake upgrade to 2-Circuit Air Brakes for (1) Safety & (2) Spring Brake Parking....ideas?
wordlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 05:14 AM   #23
Bus Geek

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlarry View Post
I'm even "newer than you on this website" - how were you able to post tire images in post?
You need to have made at least 5 posts on the forum before you can do in-post pics. Once you get to 5, click on the paper clip (if you don't see a paper clip, click the "Go Advanced" button), select the pics you want in the popup window that appears and click the "Upload" button there, then close that window and come back to your post and click the paper clip again, then click "Insert All" (or whichever individual image you want to insert) and you'll see them deposited into the text of your post. EZPZ.

Pro tip: before uploading, make sure your pics are oriented the way you want them and convert them to PNG format. JPEGs here often end up displayed sideways or upside-down which is pretty annoying when reading a post.
Old 09-25-2021, 07:32 AM   #24
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
yep new tires new battery.. I dont think the allison model matters since he is only planning on a few trips to the lake or nearby campgrounds.. and there arent many mountains in east texas or the surrounding states so even an allison 545 will do him just fine..

east texas? id be adding Air conditioning to that bad boy!!
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 08:26 AM   #25
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
yep new tires new battery.. I dont think the allison model matters since he is only planning on a few trips to the lake or nearby campgrounds.. and there arent many mountains in east texas or the surrounding states so even an allison 545 will do him just fine..

Its a TC2000 so my money would be on it being a 545 trans.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 04:49 PM   #26
Bus Crazy

Year: 1993
Chassis: ThomasBuilt 30'
Engine: need someone to tell me
Rated Cap: me + 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post

spent a lot of years in Texas and as far as I know east TX is all forest and mountains
kidharris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bluebird, converted bus, newbie