Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2018, 07:13 PM   #1

Year: 2000
Coachwork: International
Chassis: Transit RE
Engine: T444E Deisel
Rated Cap: 72 Passenger
New Skoolie in ATX!

Hello everyone! My husband and I are a pair of very (very) new school bus owners, and we are excited to start our conversion! It's honestly been a dream of mine since high-school to travel around the country in a bus, and now it's finally falling into place for us. We live in Austin, Texas, and are looking for other people who have or are planning on converting a bus to meet up with and hopefully learn from

We just brought back our beautiful 2000 International Transit RE back home from Denver where we picked it up off the Aurora School system. It runs like a dream and I couldn't be more delighted with it (a relief after buying it blind from so far away), but the problem we're facing now is this; the neighborhood where we were parking the bus initially has an ordinance that any large vehicle like a bus or an RV has to be behind a 6' privacy fence. A neighbor complained, and now we have to move it within the next month.

A friend of ours parks her bus behind an old unused business, after contacting the owner and paying him a pittance in rent, and suggested we do the same. So we're working that angle currently, as well as trying to find some other options, but we could use any advice y'all can give us! If not your own backyard, where did you convert your bus? Where do you park it now?

Any advice appreciated, thanks guys!!

BlackberryBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 08:07 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E 7.3L
Not being mean, but this should have been considered before making the purchase. This city ordinance parking thing kills more skoolie projects than you know.
Johnny Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 08:19 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
So build a 40' fence to park it next to.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
austin texas, introduction, parking during conversion