Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2019, 09:16 AM   #21

Hello,

First off, I'd love to meet up with fellow skoolies and chat about ideas, lend a hand, etc.! I have yet to buy my own bus. Was actually in the market for transits, but when the most recent CapMetro line went up for auction, I was convinced not to bite.

On the issue of parking, it seems like there are codes, and then there's hearsay. The codes seem to stipulate that you must have any form of recreational vehicle behind a 6 ft, opaque fence, must not be in your front driveway, and must not be parked along the side of the house. Unfortunately most of the tiny home communities I've come across in the Austin area do not accept converted buses. Reports on how these codes are enforced seem to vary by neighborhood, and will ultimately depend on who your neighbors are and whether they report you.
All this comes with the caveat that none of these experiences are mine -- only what I've read and heard from others so far. So I invite more concrete input.

So, who wants to meet up for drinks or food to chat skoolies soon?

~Raanan

Raanman is offline   Reply With Quote