Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-23-2020, 11:33 PM   #1

New to skoolie, angels dreams/ghost rider

My name is Dawn ,I'm the owner of a Once in aponatime A Beautiful 1995 ford
B 800 series school bus 47 ft. Angels Dreams, The owner before me Wife passed away coming back to Portland from pennsylvania.Her name was Angel and it was her dream to have a bus and make a home and to travel across the world with her family. I my self have the same dream as she did, Well the bus was on its way to the impound when i found it on side of rode and it had a tow tag on it to be towed that day.So i figured I'd get to meat the owner or the tow company to try to stop the tow. I had been praying for a bus and i just found one.Then the owner showed up i ask him if he wanted to sell it or triad. He said No then he said you have $ 3800.00 I said no I don't but i have a Harley Davidson
title to put up for collateral. I could make payment say $400 a month because at that time i didn't have much money coming in but .I needed that bus bad bad enuff to put my titel up to my bike that i've owned for 25 yr NO WAY WAS I PLANING ON LOSING HER.So he said no i said well whats wrong with it he said i don't know it just don't want to start. i told him i've owned 18 buses and i was pretty good at fixing them.i ask him did he need any help he said no.I said well do you need me to drive it somewhere for him.no he said. So i ask wats its name any ways he told me .Angels Dream and then he told me the store about his wife. I about lost it.! As he was trying to start it i wiped the tears out my eyes for him not to see . I apologise for being so pushy about getting bus. But the same county towed my bus to the impound and i couldn't afford to get it out. I said me and your wife have the same Dreams to owen a bus and travel. I said well what you going to do if you cant get it started and the tow company shows up and takes it ?He said then they can keep it.I told him no way.Your telling me your gonna let her dreams die in the impound yard.I will take good care of it and i will make sure her dreams travel with me every day.Well he gathered his things got in his car and rolled down the window.He ask me how much money i had?I reached in my pocket and pulled out a dollar that's all i had. He handed me the title and said take good care of her and drove off. As he left he said the keys in it. I couldn't believe it . Well i couldn't believe it he really signed it over to me. I cried,I thank god I thanked Angel For giving me such a beautiful home that i needed so bad. At the same time i felt so bad for his loss. I could tell that it was hard for him to even be in the bus when he was trying to start it .I could really tell that It was Hard for him to leave the bus .Well i have more to tell that's cool and then not so cool more like devastating. About how two days latter after i had the batteries charged.I showed up to the COUNTY MOUNTY and a tow truck with the bus IN THE AIR . I grabbed the manual i just got and the titel and ran like hell to talk and beg them to not take the bus .I told him the story and Pleaded FOR HIM NOT TO TAKE THE THE BUS .He said so YOUR TELLING ME THAT IF I LET YOU TAKE THE BUS. THAT IT WILL BE OFF THIS STEET BUY TO MARROW AT 1200PM? WHEN I GET TO WORK !BECAUSE I'VE CACHED THIS BUS FOR A YEAR. UP AND DOWN THIS STREET. I TOLD HIM IF I HAD TO PACK IT ON MY BACK PUSH IT WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO GET IT GONE I WILL.SO HE TOLD THE TOW TRUCK DRIVER DROP IT.LOOKED AT ME AND SAID DON'T LET ME DOWN.I THANKED HIM AND ASK THE TOW DRIVERER HOW MUCH WOULD HE CHARGE ME FOR A TOE HE SAID $100 DOLLARS. I SAID OK WELL ILL CALL YOU BEFORE 1200 IF I NEED IT. WELL I ASK HIM FOR A JUMP AND HE SAID OK. HE HOOKED UP AND THEN HIS CABLES STARTED TO SMOKE. SO HE UNHOOKED IT AND HOOKED HIS JUMP BOX TO TRY TO START IT. WELL THAT DIDN'T WORK AND HE TOOK OFF LEAVING HIS EXPENSIVE JUMP BOX BEHIND. I TRIED TO GET HIS ATTENTION WITH NO LUCK.SO I CALLED THE TOE COMP AND LET THEM KNOW I HAD IT AND THE NEXT DAY I COULDN'T GET IT STARTED AND I CALLED HIM. HE MET ME AND I SAID ONE TOE BOX FOR ONE TOE. HE SMILED AND SAID SURE. HE TOWED ME CLEAR ACROSS TOWN TO THE OTHER COUNTY AND WE DROPPED IT WERE I WANTED TO. I TOLD HIM THANKS. THEN THE NEXT DAY I FIGURED OUT WHAT WAS WRONG WITH IT. THE BATTERIES WERE NOT RIGHT SO I FIXED IT JUMPED IN THE SEAT AND WALA.IT STARTED WOW HOW COOL.! I WAS IN BUS HEVEN . I WAS THANKING ANGEL AND BOUNCING UP AND DOWN IN THE SEAT.WENT GOT GAS AND OFF ON THE ROAD WE WENT. MY BOYFRIEND TELLING ME THE HOLE TIME THIS WASN'T GOING TO HAPPEN. BUT ME AND ANGEL MADE IT HAPPEN.THANK GOD .WELL I OWNED IT FOR A 1 YR AND 9 MONTHS. THEN I WAS PARKED ON A SIDE STREET AT MY WORK.WHEN A BOX TRUCK FROM ACROSS THE STREET PULLED OUT HIT M.E IN THE DRIVERS REAR AND SLID DOWN THE SIDE OF THE BUS AND CONNECTED THE EMERGENCY DOOR THAT WAS OPEN A LITTLE. THEN HIT THE FRONT TIE AND THEN THE BUMPER AND YANKED. I FELL TO THE GROUND AND GOT UP TO SEE WHAT HAPPEN. THE TRUCK WAS LEAVING THE SEAN. WE CHASED HIM DOWN AND GOT HI S INFO AND TOOK PITCHER ECT. THEN WHEN I TRIED TO START IT. IT WOULDN'T START.SO 8 DAYS LATTER I FIGURED OUT THAT THE DOOR WAS NOT SHUT TIGHT.SO STARTED IT AND WE LEFT DROVE THREE BLOCKS SMELT WIRE INSULATION BURNING WHEN WE STOPPED AT WINCO PARKING LOT. GOT OUT OPEN HOOD . TRYING TO PINPOINT THE SMELL WHEN SMOKE AND FLAMES SHOOT OUT AROUND THE EMERGENCY DOOR. I WENT IN AND GOT MY GIRLFRIEND AND HER TWO DOGS OUT OF THE BUS. GOT THE TWO PROPANE TANKS OUT AND GRABBED THE FIRE EXTINGUISHER TRED TO PUT FIRE OUT. HAD NO LUCK MY BOYFRIEND PULLED ME OUT WHEN THE FLAMES WERE IN MY FACE. AT THE FRONT DOOR. I HAD TO WATCH IT BURN DOWN . MY HARLEY IN THE BACK,EVERY THING I EVER WORKED FOR GONE ON FIRE.ARE DREAMS BURNING TO THE GROUND IT WAS THE WORST. I'M STILL TRYING TO RECOVER FROM THIS .IT HAPPENED ON JULY 28TH 2020. A SAD DAY I WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER IF I JUST WOULD HAVE HAD A BIGGER FIRE EXTINGUISHER. SO THIS . SO THE MORAL TO THE STORY IS DON'T STORE TO MUCH STUFF IN YOUR BUS. IT S HARDER TO PUT OUT.MAKE SURE YOUR FIRE DEVICE HAS ENUFF STUFF IN IT AND SMOKE DETECTORS BECAUSE. IF WE WOULD HAVE BEEN SLEEPING WE WOULD HAD DIED. THANK GOOD WE DIDN'T. WELL EVERY THING IN BUS BURNT EXCEPT MY HARLEY WASN'T ALL THE WAY BURNT.I HAD A PLASTIC 55 GAL DRUM THAT WAS FOR WATER, THE FIRE MELT IT AROUND MY BIKE.LIKE A COCOON. SAVED IT MY HELMET WAS BURNT. MY SHAPES AND MY LEATHER AND MY KEYS THAT WAS IN MYPURCE THAT MELTED WERE NOT BURNT.EVERY THING ELSE GONE. THE FIRE MEN SAID WHAT THE .... HOWS THAT..WELL AS THE FIRE MAN WERE PUTTING OUT THE FIRE IN THE EMERGENCY DOOR THE WATER SPRAYING I COULD SEE A FIGURE OF A PERSON HOLDING THE FIRE BACK KEEPING IT UP FRONT. WOW IT WAS ANGEL.THE ONLY THING I COULD THINK.THANK YOU ANGEL I FIGURED SHE NEEDED TO HAVE THE CREDIT FOR SAVING MY BIKE AND THE OTHER STUFF I NEEDED TO RIDE .WOW WELL THAT'S MY STORY I MISS MY BUS ANGELS DREAM THE GHOST RIDER. tHANKS FOR LISTENING TO IT

Angels Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 12:25 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC2000, 40' MPV
Engine: 5.9 Cummins/B300 trans
Rated Cap: U/K
Wow. That's quite a story. Are you planning on getting another bus? Start anew?
Rwnielsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 01:58 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by angels dreams View Post
my name is dawn ,i'm the owner of a once in aponatime a beautiful 1995 ford
b 800 series school bus 47 ft. Angels dreams, the owner before me wife passed away coming back to portland from pennsylvania.her name was angel and it was her dream to have a bus and make a home and to travel across the world with her family. I my self have the same dream as she did, well the bus was on its way to the impound when i found it on side of rode and it had a tow tag on it to be towed that day.so i figured i'd get to meat the owner or the tow company to try to stop the tow. I had been praying for a bus and i just found one.then the owner showed up i ask him if he wanted to sell it or triad. He said no then he said you have $ 3800.00 i said no i don't but i have a harley davidson
title to put up for collateral. I could make payment say $400 a month because at that time i didn't have much money coming in but .i needed that bus bad bad enuff to put my titel up to my bike that i've owned for 25 yr no way was i planing on losing her.so he said no i said well whats wrong with it he said i don't know it just don't want to start. I told him i've owned 18 buses and i was pretty good at fixing them.i ask him did he need any help he said no.i said well do you need me to drive it somewhere for him.no he said. So i ask wats its name any ways he told me .angels dream and then he told me the store about his wife. I about lost it.! As he was trying to start it i wiped the tears out my eyes for him not to see . I apologise for being so pushy about getting bus. But the same county towed my bus to the impound and i couldn't afford to get it out. I said me and your wife have the same dreams to owen a bus and travel. I said well what you going to do if you cant get it started and the tow company shows up and takes it ?he said then they can keep it.i told him no way.your telling me your gonna let her dreams die in the impound yard.i will take good care of it and i will make sure her dreams travel with me every day.well he gathered his things got in his car and rolled down the window.he ask me how much money i had?i reached in my pocket and pulled out a dollar that's all i had. He handed me the title and said take good care of her and drove off. As he left he said the keys in it. I couldn't believe it . Well i couldn't believe it he really signed it over to me. I cried,i thank god i thanked angel for giving me such a beautiful home that i needed so bad. At the same time i felt so bad for his loss. I could tell that it was hard for him to even be in the bus when he was trying to start it .i could really tell that it was hard for him to leave the bus .well i have more to tell that's cool and then not so cool more like devastating. About how two days latter after i had the batteries charged.i showed up to the county mounty and a tow truck with the bus in the air . I grabbed the manual i just got and the titel and ran like hell to talk and beg them to not take the bus .i told him the story and pleaded for him not to take the the bus .he said so your telling me that if i let you take the bus. That it will be off this steet buy to marrow at 1200pm? When i get to work !because i've cached this bus for a year. Up and down this street. I told him if i had to pack it on my back push it what ever it takes to get it gone i will.so he told the tow truck driver drop it.looked at me and said don't let me down.i thanked him and ask the tow driverer how much would he charge me for a toe he said $100 dollars. I said ok well ill call you before 1200 if i need it. Well i ask him for a jump and he said ok. He hooked up and then his cables started to smoke. So he unhooked it and hooked his jump box to try to start it. Well that didn't work and he took off leaving his expensive jump box behind. I tried to get his attention with no luck.so i called the toe comp and let them know i had it and the next day i couldn't get it started and i called him. He met me and i said one toe box for one toe. He smiled and said sure. He towed me clear across town to the other county and we dropped it were i wanted to. I told him thanks. Then the next day i figured out what was wrong with it. The batteries were not right so i fixed it jumped in the seat and wala.it started wow how cool.! I was in bus heven . I was thanking angel and bouncing up and down in the seat.went got gas and off on the road we went. My boyfriend telling me the hole time this wasn't going to happen. But me and angel made it happen.thank god .well i owned it for a 1 yr and 9 months. Then i was parked on a side street at my work.when a box truck from across the street pulled out hit m.e in the drivers rear and slid down the side of the bus and connected the emergency door that was open a little. Then hit the front tie and then the bumper and yanked. I fell to the ground and got up to see what happen. The truck was leaving the sean. We chased him down and got hi s info and took pitcher ect. Then when i tried to start it. It wouldn't start.so 8 days latter i figured out that the door was not shut tight.so started it and we left drove three blocks smelt wire insulation burning when we stopped at winco parking lot. Got out open hood . Trying to pinpoint the smell when smoke and flames shoot out around the emergency door. I went in and got my girlfriend and her two dogs out of the bus. Got the two propane tanks out and grabbed the fire extinguisher tred to put fire out. Had no luck my boyfriend pulled me out when the flames were in my face. At the front door. I had to watch it burn down . My harley in the back,every thing i ever worked for gone on fire.are dreams burning to the ground it was the worst. I'm still trying to recover from this .it happened on july 28th 2020. A sad day i will always remember if i just would have had a bigger fire extinguisher. So this . So the moral to the story is don't store to much stuff in your bus. It s harder to put out.make sure your fire device has enuff stuff in it and smoke detectors because. If we would have been sleeping we would had died. Thank good we didn't. Well every thing in bus burnt except my harley wasn't all the way burnt.i had a plastic 55 gal drum that was for water, the fire melt it around my bike.like a cocoon. Saved it my helmet was burnt. My shapes and my leather and my keys that was in mypurce that melted were not burnt.every thing else gone. The fire men said what the .... Hows that..well as the fire man were putting out the fire in the emergency door the water spraying i could see a figure of a person holding the fire back keeping it up front. Wow it was angel.the only thing i could think.thank you angel i figured she needed to have the credit for saving my bike and the other stuff i needed to ride .wow well that's my story i miss my bus angels dream the ghost rider. Thanks for listening to it
oh marry x-mas happy new
Old 12-24-2020, 02:14 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by angels dreams View Post
oh marry x-mas happy new
oh ya the hole reason for this post was my bus caught on fire at the emergency door because the safety mechanism was damaged the one that wont let the bus start. Some were along the door jam because the jam it pulled it away from it. It was damaged unff to start a wire fire.i cant load a pitcher i wish i could figure it out but not sure how to do it .dose any one know exactly were the switch at the emergency door is at and do you believe it could have started the fire from the hing being pulled from jam ?
Old 12-24-2020, 03:36 PM   #5
Bus Crazy

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Thomas 4 window w/lift
Chassis: G30~Chevy cutaway
Engine: 5.7/350 Chevy Vortec
Rated Cap: Just me and my "stuff"?
Most all added switches are fused so unless someone bypassed the fused circuit to the rear door switch/sensor, the wiring shouldn't have, in theory, burned.

Sad story, and hopefully OP will get another bus...
peteg59 is offline   Reply With Quote