Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2019, 09:17 AM   #1

New to the group, Hi from FL

Greetings from South Florida, USA. I am very happy to have found this wonderful group of like-minded bus enthusiasts.

I lived in a homemade motorhome on a E350 Van Chassis for years. During that time I learned the challenges and excitement that comes with living this lifestyle.

I am seeking out a short bus at the moment to build a home for myself and one dog. The model I'm considering building is a 29 passenger, blue bird chassis, international DT-360, they want $4,900 for her.

I am also a big rig truck enthusiast. So lookout for high quality build pics which will follow that unique theme. I may be doing a semi/school bus conversion and theme. I'm excited to get my first real bus project rolling. Hoping to pull trigger by Q¹ 2020. I'm going to look at the 29 pass today though, so maybe sooner than expected. Any tips or pointers is appreciated. I'm reading all the welcome articles and FAQs.

Thanks for welcoming this bearded diesel loving traveler+1 canine commando.
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot_20191121-095424.png  

Onecheesepizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 09:45 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Welcome from another Floridian!
Sounds pricey but the old DT360's are reliable.
I too like the big rig look.
Check out my Thomas/Freightliner with 5" lift-

Its got less than 100k, air ride, reman transmission, and 3.42 rear. Does 80+ smooth and quiet. Paid $1625 for it.

That was an amazing deal that doesn't pop up every day. But if you watch the auctions regularly and get a feel for it the real bargains are out there.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 09:34 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Publicsurplus.com is what i been watching for years. Ive bought cops cars from there for like 500$ each. But theres normally alot of buses on there. Now that i told you. Plz dont outbid me on a bus if you see bidder c-ptsd lol

Im also from florida. I use to have a redflag timeshare in captiva. Its nice in the south
C-ptsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 09:38 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Welcome from another Floridian!
Sounds pricey but the old DT360's are reliable.
I too like the big rig look.
Check out my Thomas/Freightliner with 5" lift-

Its got less than 100k, air ride, reman transmission, and 3.42 rear. Does 80+ smooth and quiet. Paid $1625 for it.

That was an amazing deal that doesn't pop up every day. But if you watch the auctions regularly and get a feel for it the real bargains are out there.
Thats a gnarly looking shorty. Id like to find something like that but alittle longer (10ft longer) wanna make the back part a garage for bikes, dredge, spare parts, tools, etc
C-ptsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 12:53 AM   #5
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Thomas Built Bus
Chassis: Freightliner FS65
Engine: Caterpillar 3126E Diesel
Rated Cap: 71 Passenger- 30,000 lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onecheesepizza View Post
Greetings from South Florida, USA. I am very happy to have found this wonderful group of like-minded bus enthusiasts.

I lived in a homemade motorhome on a E350 Van Chassis for years. During that time I learned the challenges and excitement that comes with living this lifestyle.

I am seeking out a short bus at the moment to build a home for myself and one dog. The model I'm considering building is a 29 passenger, blue bird chassis, international DT-360, they want $4,900 for her.

I am also a big rig truck enthusiast. So lookout for high quality build pics which will follow that unique theme. I may be doing a semi/school bus conversion and theme. I'm excited to get my first real bus project rolling. Hoping to pull trigger by Q¹ 2020. I'm going to look at the 29 pass today though, so maybe sooner than expected. Any tips or pointers is appreciated. I'm reading all the welcome articles and FAQs.

Thanks for welcoming this bearded diesel loving traveler+1 canine commando.
Nice looking from that angle. Any more pictures?
Native is offline   Reply With Quote