Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2018, 06:04 AM   #1

Year: 2007
Coachwork: corbeil
Chassis: Chevrolet Express 3500
Engine: 4.8l
Rated Cap: 10 adults
new to the Skoolie life

Hi i am just getting my feet wet . I guess i should have moved out of this state first . It seems even though I bought a SRW van with a bus body thinking i could register it as a passenger vehicle would be easy it doesn't seem to be the case here in Massachusetts. I have not yet taken delivery due to registration issues currently sitting in Western NY . My insurance is telling me I need to register it as a bus yet it technically is a van or I need to register it as an auto home aka an RV . My intent is not a full RV conversion so that leaves out trying to register it as an auto home .I have no plans on running water, bathroom, kitchen. or permanent heat . I just want to remove the seats and use it as a utilitarian vehicle . Take it to home depot pick up materials for the house . Occasionally take it to my favorite camping spot for the weekend use it to move my residence to either Vermont or New Hampshire . I will keep you posted on my journey. If anyone has any suggestions or possible solutions feel free to chime in . Thanks Mchadsey1

Mchadsey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 10:14 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner MVP ER
Engine: Cummins 6CTA8.3 Mechanical MD3060
Rated Cap: 46 Coach Seats, 40 foot
Register it in Vermont.

Build Thread
Twigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 09:22 AM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

I have a friend that registered his shuttle bus as a "non commercial truck". But that's down here in South Carolina.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
crashmonster is offline   Reply With Quote