Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-01-2022, 07:51 PM   #1

Smile New to this, extremely passionate although absolutely green on where to begin

Good evening everyone,

I hope all of you are doing well. my name is Teflon Donovan although everyone calls me Black Samurai hence the username, which also dubs as my stage name as I am an artist, DJ, singer and songwriter.

I've always wanted to travel throughout the united states, visit almost every place there is to and just experience different cultures, I also want to tour and showcase my DJ skills as well as my singing and songwriting to different people from all walks of life without having to permanently uproot my whole life just to be able to live in a certain place for a short while.

I have been living paycheck to paycheck ever since I got to America and for me, that isn't a life I really wanna live anymore so I wanna branch out and do the unthinkable by my cultural standards but also branch out from the ever advising and dictating world of people who are self-proclaimed know it alls and have an opinion about how each and every aspect of your life should be led (excluding yall of course )

I have extremely minute experience when it comes to building stuff up although I am very good with my hands after I have been shown how to do something a couple of times or after several attempts at mimicking from different forms of medium.

I honestly want to start on this project not just because of my maverick like nature but also for my mental health and also well being since the whole move from Africa to America had me twisted up in a huge knot and as a result, my mental wellbeing and overall wellness has been thrown in turmoil. so I see this as an opportunity for real self-healing as well as just an opportunity to actually achieve this so-called American dream.

I have no plan as of this instant and I honestly don't have a budget to work with or even have an idea of how I am going to start this project of mine that I have had sitting in my mind for quite a while now and I am hoping that all of you will be of much help.
the first step I've taken in realising this dream is signing up to this forum and then writing out this piece, whatever comes next I don't know but I am really looking forward to it.

I hope I didn't come off too strong or anything and I hope to make lots of friends along the way hopefully meeting some of you along the way.

BlackSamurai256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 08:44 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Coachwork: Integrated Coach Corp.
Chassis: RE-300 42ft
Engine: 466ci
Rated Cap: 90
Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSamurai256 View Post
New to this, extremely passionate although absolutely green on where to begin....
Welcome to the Insane Asylum, BlkSamurai. Sounds like you are ready to invest I your own happiness & freedom.

What type of conversion are you planning? Part time travel, full time living, mobile recording studio....
What type of buses are you considering? Shuttle, Dognose, Van...
We're looking forward to hearing more about your plans.

Once we get started with a conversion, most of us feel that we are closer to achieving our goals, with every project. Shaping our "Dream" into reality.
DeMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 09:22 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMac View Post
Welcome to the Insane Asylum, BlkSamurai. Sounds like you are ready to invest I your own happiness & freedom.

What type of conversion are you planning? Part time travel, full time living, mobile recording studio....
What type of buses are you considering? Shuttle, Dognose, Van...
We're looking forward to hearing more about your plans.

Once we get started with a conversion, most of us feel that we are closer to achieving our goals, with every project. Shaping our "Dream" into reality.
Hey DeMac ,

glad to be welcomed into the insane asylum, I think I'll fit in just fine!

1. I want it to be a full-time travel and living conversion. I won't lie the mobile recording studio is actually a brilliant idea that I hadn't even considered or thought about but now it's going onto my list of things I want in the conversion.

2. I didn't even realise the different types of buses until you mentioned it so I had to go and look at the different types there are since I said, I am green as to where to even begin but I think I will go for a Dognose cos I want all the space in the back to be usable. plus I am more accustomed to cars with the engine in the front.

My question to you is, what's the first thing I should do, now that I have at least an idea of what I want because I honestly want to begin this process as soon as possible? plus I would be absolutely grateful if I could please get a detailed step by step on where to start!
BlackSamurai256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 09:46 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: T/C 2000 28 foot Handy Bus
Engine: Cummins 5.9 Mechanical
Rated Cap: 2
Hey there Welcome and first number 1 thing is where are you going to park it and build it ?
Rivetboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 08:56 AM   #5
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: IC / Amtran
Chassis: CE300
Engine: International T444e
Rated Cap: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSamurai256 View Post
I have extremely minute experience when it comes to building stuff up although I am very good with my hands after I have been shown how to do something a couple of times or after several attempts at mimicking from different forms of medium.

I honestly want to start on this project not just because of my maverick like nature but also for my mental health and also well being since the whole move from Africa to America had me twisted up in a huge knot and as a result, my mental wellbeing and overall wellness has been thrown in turmoil. so I see this as an opportunity for real self-healing as well as just an opportunity to actually achieve this so-called American dream.
It sounds like you're focused on the journey (of building), and that's a good thing, because if the only thing you care about is the end result (completion / traveling), the time & labor involved can become overwhelming. You will have the opportunity to learn and apply so many skills that will prove valuable throughout your lifetime. If our bus never rolled an inch, I'd still be grateful for the opportunity to better ourselves through the process of creation.

If you put yourself in a position where money, time, or location become factors that push you into a corner, your mental health may suffer rather than improve. Best way of approaching this endeavor, in my opinion, is to never put yourself up against a deadline, and never have to rely on it being done. It's fun if it can be "finished when it is". When it has to be "done by such-&-such date", that's just added stress.

Don't get in a rush to do anything. Take your time and research everything in detail. This site is an incredible resource. Soak it in. When the right bus comes along you'll be ready. Don't let yourself get so excited by the prospect that you jump at the first thing to come along only to find it to be a money pit.

Our Build: Mr. Beefy
TheHubbardBus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
help me, how do i begin, new here, where to start