Just snagged a barely started Skoolie. 1998 FS65 Bluebird. Previous owner ripped out seats, welded in some bed frame bunks, built storage benches lentght of bus and drilled a hole for a toilet. Also installed a rooftop AC in center vent hole and ran extention cord to back of bus above windows.
My intention is to do bare minimum to get through this camping season, then start this fall with a gut, and even though its a sother bus, ill take the floor down to metal, do all that fun stuff and insulate and redo the floor.
Pretty clueless on most things.
Top priorities in next month... im dreaming...
1. Hitch Reciever in rear and front
2. Lock on rear door
3. Modify front door (split in middle, opens from inside only) To lockable main entry from outside of bus
4. Cut left side of back of bus and hinge so the rear of the bus is double doors almost 5 foot wide, figure out ramps and make rear 8foot of bus a garage for a golf cart / storage.
5. change flashers to floods/strobes
6. remove stop sign and flashers (done)
7. get more MPH out of it - gears, tune up, ???
wish me luck