Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2019, 04:51 PM   #1

Newbie from NC saying hello!

Howdy folks! I've been lurking for a while, and decided today's the day I post. Wish me luck.

A bit about me:
- I’ve recently graduated from a masters theatre program
- I’m aiming to build my bus sometime over the next year/year-and-a-half and transition into full-time road life as a traveling actor, theatre maker, musician, writer, and educator
- I’m planning on living in the bus unless I have an acting gig or similar contract that provides housing for me.

There are obviously a lot of details to work out, but the first one is finding my home. If you'd like to help out with my search, please visit my bus-search thread here:
http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f14/lo...tml#post322236

Thanks to all the people on this site that have already helped me get started on my dreams just by posting and sharing their expertise. I hope I'll be able to help out, too.

Best,
tiphag

tiphag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 08:35 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E 7.3L
Welcome to the forum!
Johnny Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 08:47 AM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1975
Coachwork: Chevy
Chassis: 8 window
Engine: 454 LS7
Rated Cap: 24,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiphag View Post
Howdy folks! I've been lurking for a while, and decided today's the day I post. Wish me luck.

A bit about me:
- I’ve recently graduated from a masters theatre program
- I’m aiming to build my bus sometime over the next year/year-and-a-half and transition into full-time road life as a traveling actor, theatre maker, musician, writer, and educator
- I’m planning on living in the bus unless I have an acting gig or similar contract that provides housing for me.

There are obviously a lot of details to work out, but the first one is finding my home. If you'd like to help out with my search, please visit my bus-search thread here:
http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f14/lo...tml#post322236

Thanks to all the people on this site that have already helped me get started on my dreams just by posting and sharing their expertise. I hope I'll be able to help out, too.

Best,
tiphag
welcome to the forum - there are several here that are true experts and many with a lot of experience and all willing to share - I've learned a lot of important things since I joined - some simple, like the size of the bus I'll need, and motor/transmission combos that will serve my purpose best - there have been ideas posted that I'll copy and ideas that I now know to avoid - and I also learned about what buses are worth on the market - I'm sure your experience here will parallel mine and others
Sleddgracer is offline   Reply With Quote