Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2020, 05:28 PM   #1

Newbie in Albuquerque starting research and planning

I started watching youtube skoolie videos a few weeks ago and decided that the skoolie life is what I want!

Back in 2012 I was living in Virginia and took some sailing lessons. I loved the idea of being out there free to roam where ever I wanted and wherever the wind would take me. I got attached and my SO other had some back issues so that kind of limited my future plans of selling it all and living on a sail boat.

Now it is 2020 and I am living in Albuquerque for the 3rd time. We started looking at RV's last year to travel around the western US and could not find a single one that was under 35' AND had everything we were looking for. Then we went to see them and saw how poorly constructed they were. We decided to find an older class C and do a complete gut job on it so we could make it what we wanted.

Skoolies popped up on my radar a few weeks ago and now looking for the fun to begin. We are going to have the bus at my Mom's house, 3 hours away and go down to work on it at least every other weekend. Feeling pretty good about this project. We renovated our town house in Virginia, complete removal and replacement of sub-floor on top floor and complete remodel of 3 bathrooms.

My eventual plans are to live full time on the bus, but that won't be for at least 4 more years so I have some time. Goal will be to get it done within a year of finding a bus.

Pretty excited to find a bus but going to research as much as I can before I make the jump. Looking forward to getting to know people in this community.

jproctor is offline   Reply With Quote