Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2017, 01:25 PM   #1

Smile Newbie in Nashville

Hey y'all,

I'm a recent convert to the exciting world of bus conversion and minimalism. I've been lurking on the Skoolie forums for a while, but thought I would say hi in case some of you folks were in Nashville or Tennessee.

I'm still in the "obsessive research" stage of my journey towards tiny living, but very excited to be here! I've been checking out some of the auctions nearby and seeing some great buses and prices, but I'm not quite ready to pull the trigger on anything yet. Still learning a lot about the different buses, set ups, and conversions.

Looking forward to hearing more about everyone's builds and hoping to get started on mine by summer.

Lots of love and light,

Jay

JayNebulae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 01:38 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
Welcome Jay

It's good that you're learning before you buy. If you know what you're looking for people here will point out potential buses for you.

See ya on the highway sometime.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:40 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin97396 View Post
Welcome Jay

It's good that you're learning before you buy. If you know what you're looking for people here will point out potential buses for you.

See ya on the highway sometime.
Thanks, Robin! Good luck out there!
Old 04-04-2017, 02:14 PM   #4

Welcome Jay! My husband and I are near the Nashville Area. We just bought our bus. We haven't started on much yet. We are really trying to put a lot of thought in to the floor plan. Good luck with your searching!
Mdyarnell0115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 04:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdyarnell0115 View Post
Welcome Jay! My husband and I are near the Nashville Area. We just bought our bus. We haven't started on much yet. We are really trying to put a lot of thought in to the floor plan. Good luck with your searching!
That's awesome!! Congrats on your new bus. Good luck with the floor plan!
Old 04-09-2017, 07:54 AM   #6

Hi Jay,
I'm a newbie myself - in Pulaski, TN. I bet they have a lot of buses to choose from in the Nashville area. If we find others in the middle tn area maybe we can have a meetup?
roryn3kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 09:29 AM   #7
Mini-Skoolie

Welcome aboard! "Excessive research stage"...that's where I'm at too. Just trying to absorb as much material as possible before I start my project.
jonnichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 04:45 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by roryn3kids View Post
Hi Jay,
I'm a newbie myself - in Pulaski, TN. I bet they have a lot of buses to choose from in the Nashville area. If we find others in the middle tn area maybe we can have a meetup?
Being close to the city, I have the benefit of the school district auctions that crop up every now and then. Hang in there-- you'll find something too! It'd be cool to do a meet up for sure.
Old 04-10-2017, 04:46 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnichols View Post
Welcome aboard! "Excessive research stage"...that's where I'm at too. Just trying to absorb as much material as possible before I start my project.
Absolutely, same here! Trying to get my feet wet with information and projects outside of the skoolie-specific stuff. Taught myself electrical and starting plumbing and woodwork! Fingers crossed I can learn everything I need to! Best of luck to you.
Old 04-10-2017, 04:48 PM   #10
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnichols View Post
im in the 'my bus is in pieces in the driveway' stage... and still learning as much as i can about diesel repairs..

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nashville, newbie, tennessee